Peke wrote:Have you tried to install MMW as Service?
Could you explain how that would help me?
I want to:
* use MM normally, with it pointing to my production database
* but when testing the COM app, I want that test run to be updating my test MM.db
My workaround, is to:
* close down MM prior to the test
* restart MM using a command line, which overrides to a testing ini file, pointing to the test MM.db
* test the COM application ... it uses the running invocation, ie. the test MM.db
* close down MM after the test, and then restart MM with the regular ini file
I was just wondering if there was something more idiot-proof.
Are you meaning that I can get the COM connection to attach to a testing secondary MM invocation?
something other than SDB = win32com.client.Dispatch("SongsDB.SDBApplication")?
How would I start|name this secondary invocation, and how would I get it to use a testing ini file?
Maybe it would be best to do my testing inside a VM?