MM Version: 188.8.131.523
I am trying to download "pro" or "private" podcast feeds that require authentication.
MediaMonkey properly authenticates, pulls the feed, and downloads the files however:
- it downloads them as .html instead of .mp3 files
- it doesn't properly capture and apply the metadata (ex:date is set to download date instead of the published date in the feed )
- the .html files, once downloaded, will not be played properly by MediaMonkey even after the file extension has been corrected
More on the last problem: if I change the file extension (using MediaMonkey OR Windows Explorer) the file won't play when selected in MediaMonkey
, BUT it will play in other media players and if I open it from Windows Explorer (and tell it to open in MediaMonkey), it will play.
Since I cannot post my credentials for the feed in the forum, I will open a ticket and submit the info there privately.