Working Cross Fader?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Speed Pete

Working Cross Fader?

Post by Speed Pete »

I am a little bit confused...: I need to have cross fades between two tracks and it would be fine, if silence at the end of tracks would be removed too. So I found SqrSofts Advanced Crossfader Plugin and tried it.
The problem: when pushing the stop button, the player keeps on playing until the buffer is empty - so for example 5 seconds. Searching for help, I found a topic here. It was explained that some MM versions had problems with SqrSofts plugIn, the problem is fixed with a new version and therefor the topuc was closed.
This is some weeks ago, and today I tried my luck: I just installed the newest available version of MM. And now? Just trying to configure the PlugIn leads me to an "invalid floating point operation", and MM crashes. :-?

So I ask you: do you know a working method of crossfading and gapless playing?
Bex

Post by Bex »

I'm using the latest version in this works for me:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/faq/index.ph ... artlang=en

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The SqrSoft plugins works for me with MediaMonkey 2.5.3. I believe that playback stops immediatly when hitting the stop button. It works at least with the pause button. But on closing MediaMonkey it does continue playback till the end of the buffer. I'm pretty sure some option in SqrSoft can change this behavior.
Speed Pete

Post by Speed Pete »

OK - I installed my MM and the PlugIn again. And nothing else. So this floating point error disappeared. Fine!

But the original problem is still there: I press stop, and the song continues playing for the whole buffer length. Pressing pause works fine by the way.

Perhaps someone can send me a preset that works fine? (SpeedPete@uni.de)
What I want is:
- cutting too long parts of silence at the start or end of a song.
- crossfade between to songs for about 3 seconds
- Fade out when I hit stop for 3 seconds - but without waiting for the whole buffer length.

Can't be too complicated??
Last edited by Speed Pete on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There are presets available on the sqrSoft website. I'm not sure if any presets do what your looking for. Isn't there any documentation available for the plugin?
Speed Pete

Post by Speed Pete »

Yes - there is a documentation on the homepage. I read it and understood it, but it doesn't help me. Some of the plugins I tried already, but it is the same problem with them.