Has Anyone Had A Strange BPM (40) in BPM Tag?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

latinmusiclover

Has Anyone Had A Strange BPM (40) in BPM Tag?

Post by latinmusiclover »

I noticed that I finding tracks with "40" in the BPM Tag. I looked at the old files (on DVD) and they don't have that info. The only change between the old and the new is that I've copied them to an external drive and imported them into MM and worked with them.
I'm not saying that MM placed the "40" in the BPM, just that this occurred after I loaded them into MM and worked on them, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced a similar situation in case it's something to watch out for.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This could have happened with a previous version of MediaMonkey (or an alpha/beta/RC version). I guess its best to keep watching out if this still occurs and report a bug if it does.
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

I got the '40' BPM value too.

Actually, I think that this is the LOWEST value MM will write to the field.
When I ran Mixmeister over my collection, I consciouly tried to bypass my classical music becuase I keep all movements in one big file with CUE sheets (and what's the point of getting BPM for a symphony ranging from Adiago to Presto!).

So I manually entered the value '0' in the corresponding BPM fields. Next thing I know, MM had modified that field value to '40'.