Place the player in the toolbar area

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

frogsag

Place the player in the toolbar area

Post by frogsag »

I've just started using MM and find it a great improvement over iTunes. However, i don't feel i need the Player and Now Playing windows open. So is there any way for the player controls (Play/Pause, Previous Track, Next Track, Time and Song Name) to be placed in the toolbar area, as in iTunes?

I can't find it in the toolbar options, but when I went to Tools>Options>Player and chose the Winamp player, the thing that I was looking for appeared in the toolbar! But it didn't work, and I don't want to open Winamp everytime I'm going to play a song. Can anybody help me?

Best,
frogsag
Music_Cat

Post by Music_Cat »

MM3 has a mini player - menu top right next to minimize button.

:D
Read through the forum and you'll learn plenty
TwiztidSinz

Post by TwiztidSinz »

Tools -> Options -> General -> Minimization Settings -> Minimize to MicroPlayer

So that whenever you minimize MM3, it will jump down to the MicroPlayer.
Additionally, just below the Minimization setting is a checkbox for 'Close to tray', if you check that in addition to 'Minimize to MicroPlayer' then whenever you close MM3 it will also go to the MicroPlayer.
Motherboard: Intel D915PBL
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 550 Prescott 3.4GHz LGA 775 (w/ Hyper-Threading)
Memory: Corsair 2048MB (512x4) DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD800JD 80 GB / WD2500JS 250 GB / WD2500KS 250 GB
Video Card: Sapphire RADEON X1600 XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Just to chip in......
You may need to right click on the Windows Toolbar and then select 'Toolbars' from the pop-up menu, then make sure you tick the 'MediaMonkey Player' option so that it will be allowed by Windows to be displayed in the toolbar.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra