Normalizing

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Gary

Normalizing

Post by Gary »

Hi Jiri,
If I select several mp3 files and then use your Songs > Convert > to a MP3 and select "normalize are the files normalized so I can use any player or Burner? I have a bunch of old tapes that I have ripped to mp3 that were recorded from a PA system at a live school band concert. The quality is fair but they badly need to be normalized and then burned on a CD (I don't have Nero). All of the Band members are begging me to make CDs for them.

Any suggestions?
Gary
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, this function not only calculates the normalization value, but also uses this value for the output file and it will be normalized on any player (or audio CD if you burn it then).

Jiri
Michael

Normalization isn't permanent

Post by Michael »

When I calculate normalization (Calculate Normalization) it is only used when playing the MP3's with the internal Player???? It is not permanent??? How can I make these normalization permanent. I will not be making CD's, but I will be putting my MP3's on removable medai for use in a car MP3 juke box. I will not be moving them for about a month. What can I do/how can I make the normalization on the mp3 file permanent so I don't have to worry about it again.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, it isn't permanent, it doesn't influence the original file at all. However, you can convert the file to another file (with the same or different parameters - bitrate, etc.) and check the box "Normalize volume level" in conversion dialog.

Jiri