Minimize, Tray Pop-up, .wma Bit Rates, License Questions

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

David Walton

Minimize, Tray Pop-up, .wma Bit Rates, License Questions

Post by David Walton »

Is there a setting that allows the Songs-DB window to be minimized to the system tray and not to the taskbar?

Is there a setting that stops the system tray track information pop-up from occuring each time a new track is played?

Windows Media Player allows recording in the .wma format with bit rates up to 940 kbs (in the so called "lossless" setting). Does Songs-DB plan to make available recording at such rates an option in the future?

When purchasing Songs-DB Gold, will subsequent updates and revisions be available free of charge to the license holder? If not, can a "perpetual update" license be purchased?

Thank for providing a nearly fully operational trial download! I have tried a few other jukeboxes that only allow testing of a stripped down version which does not allow the user to make a reasonable evaluation of the product.

Lastly, the layout, look, and posting features of the Songs-DB forum is one of the cleanest and most convenient I have seen. Your web designer(s) should be congratulated on a job well done.

David Walton
jiri

Post by jiri »

The first and second thing can be set in "Options|Setup appearance", where you can choose the behaviour.

Yes, the support for new options in WMA will be added in the future. I think it even is not possible to distribute applications with this new features, because WM 9 is just in pre-release and only WMPlayer (because it is from Microsoft) can have it.

Currently the only option is $20/lifetime licence with free updates. In the future this will be a bit more expensive and a new option to purchase one version only will appear.

Only the forum system is not our product, it is free product from PHPBB. If you like it, you can use it on your own site too.

Jiri