Cannot convert to .WAV from CD

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Big A

Post by Big A »

I use MGI for slideshows and Intel Create & Share for e-cards, I want to use background music but can only use .WAV files.

I use XP Professional home edition.

I understand from the Help menu that you highlight the CD track you want and select songs/convert. I have done that, selected C:my docs/my music and destination .wav format but it shows error message 'TOC of CD-ROM unit D was not read successfully'

What have I not done ?
Regards and thanks
Big A
jiri

Post by jiri »

It looks like the problem when there are two CD drives and the order of their letters doesn't match the order of their connection to the computer. This problem is probably still not fixed for all machines. Try to switch your CDs, providing you have two of them.

Jiri
Big A

cannot convert .wav files from CD

Post by Big A »

Dear Jiri

I understand what you are saying but,
  • D drive is the same as on delivery, and
    E drive is HP CD-RW plus, physically installed below the D later
    I was able to record from CDs initially through Intel Create and Share software
    Since I have upgraded to XP and of course upgraded the necessary drivers for the software programs I run, the problem has raised its ugly head and is driving me nuts !

What do you mean by changing them, I don't know that I have the ability to do this.
Regards and thanks
Big A
jiri

Post by jiri »

You can try to switch the letters in Control panel\Administrative tools\Computer management\Disk management and then change drive letter assignments for the CD-ROMs.

Also, do you mean that it does not work in other software too now?

Jiri
Big A

Post by Big A »

Thanks for the inf on admin tools, I'll try that.

the other software I have in relation to recording apart from Intel Create and Share is Nero, Windows Media Player, Real Player, Music Maker, Songs DB ( the last 2 downloaded to try and solve this problem).

Actually I previously had a problem with the old Create and Share in recording voice and tested the microphone through the Windows Sound Recorder and it was fine. Conversely now when it works through the Intel prog the Sound Recorder doesn't !

I thought XP was supposed to solve any problems, there should be a course to go on the understand these things for people like me I think.
Regards and thanks
Big A
jiri

Post by jiri »

It is hard to say what can be wrong, try to contact some of your friends nearby to help you. In case you would need some additional information, just let me know.

Jiri