Adding songs to play list by double clicking

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Cathryes

Adding songs to play list by double clicking

Post by Cathryes »

Hi,

I tried searching for the answer but I dont think I have the right search words.

Im trying to set it so when I double click on a song it adds it too the empty playlist. But everytime I do this it adds every song library. Ive tried right click> play but this does the same thing.

Is there a way so I can double click on a song to add it to a playlist?

Ive turn off autoDJ and ive tried Tools>Party mode>double click..but not sure what to change here or if this is the right spot.

Thanks.
Bex

Re: Adding songs to play list by double clicking

Post by Bex »

If you mean adding to the Now Playing list, you can configure how you want it to work in Tool->Options->Player and "Default Double-Click Action".
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

This is also my favourite default action.

These are my settings:

Tools > Options > Player -

When playback is stopped: Play Now
When tracks are playing: Play Last
'Play Now' Action: Play selected tracks only

I also use the same settings for General > Party Mode.
Cathryes

Post by Cathryes »

Mybe Im in the wrong spot becuase that didnt fix my problem.

What I want:
I want to double click in a song to add it to "now playing" window
What I dont want:
Double clicking on a song to add all the songs in my Library to the "Now playing"OR
Double clicking on a song to add it to the "Now Playing" BUT I dont want to over write the song I had in teh "Now Playing" window when I double click on another song.( Which its doing now)

I want to use "Now Playing" window to make new playlists.

Hope that makes sence.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Wouldn't this work:
When playback is stopped: Play Last
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Cathryes wrote:Mybe Im in the wrong spot becuase that didnt fix my problem.

What I want:
I want to double click in a song to add it to "now playing" window
What I dont want:
Double clicking on a song to add all the songs in my Library to the "Now playing"OR
Double clicking on a song to add it to the "Now Playing" BUT I dont want to over write the song I had in teh "Now Playing" window when I double click on another song.( Which its doing now)

I want to use "Now Playing" window to make new playlists.

Hope that makes sence.
How you want it, is exactly how I use it with my posted settings. Something must be wrong. Are you using the latest version. I do know that some earlier builds messed these settings up, because I had problems with these settings in earlier builds.
Mitch470

Post by Mitch470 »

Bex wrote:Wouldn't this work:
When playback is stopped: Play Last
Thanks for this discussion. I just set mine to:
When playback is stopped: Play Now

This setup adds new tracks to Now Playing at the last position when playing or paused. If I click Stop from the dropdown menu or use <CTRL> O, then it plays double clicked song immediately inserting it in the Now Playing List.

Is there a button somewhere to Stop the music other than the dropdown menu or the hot key?
Cheers,

Mitch
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is a stop button in the player, but it depends on the skin. In the default skin you can stop playback right above the equalizer window in the player (under the bitrate). Click on the orange square in front of the work playing and the player will stop. You can also stop playback from the tray icon with a right click on it. In the Now Playing you can right click and select View > Play Controls to have a menu that includes Stop. You can drag this menu to any place in MediaMonkey that a menu can be docked or leave it floating undocked.
Dony150

Post by Dony150 »

I'm glad I stumbled upon this post! I was trying for an hour to figure out where that option was. With all the customization the Monkey allows I couldn't believe that wouldn't be customizable. Thanks!

Just to add something to this, you can also click and drag a song to "Now Playing" and place it wherever in your playlist. This is what I was using as a work-around before changing the double-click setting.
kathyverkamp

Post by kathyverkamp »

i have play now action selected files only, changed double click to play last and play last...but it still adds the whole library to the player...it will not save my selections....it goes back to play now play now
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Choose: Tools> Options> Player ... Playback Rules ... 'Play Now' Action
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation