"The color scheme has been changed to windows vista basic"

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

hepek

Re: "The color scheme has been changed to windows vista basic"

Post by hepek »

kiMoi wrote:A new thing: I was messing around with TweakVI (A Vista appearance tweaking thingo) and when I went into the "DWM tweaks and settings" section and clicked "Reset default color" at the bottom under "Change 'Glass' color" (refer image), and the color scheme returned to normal (I'd had MM open, and it had changed the scheme to basic).

I have a theory that this may be something that's triggered by something in the startup of MM, but stays as long as MM is open. This happens with Quicktime in Firefox, if you view an embedded quicktime file in firefox (just like if you view one normally) it changes the color scheme to basic. Even when you've finished viewing the quicktime file, the color scheme stays basic until you close firefox, because it recognises that the program that had turned the color scheme to basic had closed. Could a similar thing be happening with MM?

(also, does anyone else have this problem with firefox? :P)

just remove quicktime icon from tray. in quick rime preferences uncheck tray icon. also check the version.
hepek

Post by hepek »

this "quick rime" is lapsus. qucktime
cons

Post by cons »

Deleted the "d_iPhone.dll" file from the plugins folder and the message went away!
GodSponge

Post by GodSponge »

cons wrote:Deleted the "d_iPhone.dll" file from the plugins folder and the message went away!
I had the same problem, deleted the "d_iPhone.dll", and it fixed it for me also. Why would this file cause Aero to break? I have 4 computers with MM on it and this only happened on one. The other 3 have the dll and have no problems!
fox3x

Post by fox3x »

idesdemars wrote:i unchecked the compatibility box and sure enough, the message went away!
I did just that . right click on icon and uncheck compatibility mode for win xp. and it worked !
saltybawls

Post by saltybawls »

deleting the d_iphone.dll file worked for me as well! weird... i've always hated iEverythings...
shadow257

Post by shadow257 »

Same for me, deleted d_iphone.dll and it got rid of the error. 3.2.0.1294 on windows 7 x64bit .
drbn

Post by drbn »

hepek wrote:uncheck compatibility mode of mediamonkey. maybe it's on windows xp. it has to work.
Thank you, you 've been very helpful. Cheers!
Ninjabear

Re: "The color scheme has been changed to windows vista basi

Post by Ninjabear »

Please note this is an old thread.

I have this problem still and none of the advice here helps. I've not modified MM in any way / default installation. I'm using a similar spec to some of the others here:

MM 3.2.4.1304
Core 2 Duo e8400 3ghz
2GB DDRII
9600GT XFX 512mb (Latest graphics driver direct from website just added on a fresh install)
PC running Windows 7 32bit
2 x Philips 190cw monitors
160gb hdd SATA2

I have always had this problem with MM, both when using Windows XP and now Windows 7. It flashes the screen when switching in/out of MM. No compatibility mode, no fancy settings, latest drivers.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i've never had this issue that i can remember?

what monkey does is use check boxe's on the option panel you pick the skin in. for you to change to windows color scheme
or use the skin.

make sure that is not checked and i know you must have done that but just try checking it again, and then click okay.
then go back and uncheck it and click okay to see if that has changed it , you will have to restart monkey each time
you change that option.

i'm thinking maybe the registry has not cleared a check mark and needs to be hit again to get it cleared. thats what
i'm saying to try and do it again.

but if that is not working make a debug report and send in to support. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Ninjabear

Post by Ninjabear »

rovingcowboy wrote:...what monkey does is use check boxe's on the option panel you pick the skin in. for you to change to windows color scheme
or use the skin.

make sure that is not checked and i know you must have done that but just try checking it again, and then click okay.
then go back and uncheck it and click okay to see if that has changed it , you will have to restart monkey each time
you change that option.
So are you saying that I need to ensure that I override the windows system theme with MM? I tried setting the checkbox in the skin section which reads:

"Override Skin theme with Windows System theme (requires restart)" and I tried it on and off (with restart) but in both cases it causes the theme to switch to "windows 7 basic". I was hoping to avoid this or at least avoid the message.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Never saw that here, even if I run MM in compatibility mode. Are your graphics drivers up to date?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Ninjabear

Post by Ninjabear »

nohitter151 wrote:Never saw that here, even if I run MM in compatibility mode. Are your graphics drivers up to date?
Please read previous post for specs etc.

All I can say is that everything is working but the screen flashes with this message when Aero is on, and it really is a new install, just formated hdd a few days ago and reinstalled.
Ninjabear

Post by Ninjabear »

Update:

I turned off the firewall to see if it was controlling the registry but didn't have much of an effect except to give me this message instead:

Code: Select all

The color scheme has been changed

The following program has performed an action that requires Windows tp temporarily change the color scheme to Windows 7 Basic.

Program MediaMonkey - Audio Library
Publisher Ventis Media, Inc.
Process identifier (PID):3132

Windows will automatically change the color scheme back to Windows Aero when this program or other programs performing similar actions are no longer running.
I tried switching the checkbox in skin section multiple times but to no avail. I don't think there are any other programs capable of controlling the registry.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

The registry really should not affect this at all. You've checked the shortcut properties to ensure it isn't being run in compatibility mode?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.