multiple folder for playlists - organizing many playlists

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

beg

multiple folder for playlists - organizing many playlists

Post by beg »

Hello,

I try Mediamonkey because I miss certain features in Winamp (including available plugins) which are:

- extensive database support, customized possibilities to manage and organize a huge mp3 collection, enhancing the mpr-tags with more information like Klassifikation might do the job here.

- way of organizing many (I mean many) playlists. I need lot's of playlists in order organize the music and to prearrange parts of the actual playlist which will be playing at the event. Prearrangement of certain style, kind, type of music in blocks of 4-5 songs which are added to the actual playlist when needed. The most simple way to get this would be a customized folder structure within the Playlist branch.

Also a way of organizing more than one playlist at the time would be great to arrange music in different playlists. But I don't think this is possible yet?!

Is there a way to do this? Or another solution?

thx,
Bernhard
Lowlander

Re: multiple folder for playlists - organizing many playlists

Post by Lowlander »

There are many tags available including Classification tags and even 5 Custom tags to be used as the user sees fit.

You can drag & drop playlist to other playlist to create them as subnodes of that playlist. You also might want to check out Auto-Playlists as they're criteria based.
beg

Post by beg »

Hi Lowlander,

thx for the reply. Creating playlists with sub-nodes is working well.

[edited]
I just found out how to save the mediamonkey database. Is there a way of changing the given directory?

cheers,
Bernhard
Last edited by beg on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

They are stored in the database, check out out this great script by Trixmoto:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=7746
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
beg

Post by beg »

thx for help,

it's not covered by threat-topic anymore, but I would like to search for the directory in order to be able to change it. I am not looking for a backup-solution, but the possibilty to change the directory. (background is to change the Mediamonkey database/application data folder onto a network RAID-System location. To avoid to forget the backup when needed.

cheers,
Bernhard
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

What type of RAID are your running? I tried moving my db to my RAID 5 but there were some significant speed differences when running my backup scripts, so I moved it back to my internal hard drive. I also run Syncback SE in order to ensure all my important files are automatically backed up.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
beg

Post by beg »

Hi,
I used to have the database being placed on the RAID (which is a 50 in my case), but changed back to have it locally for speed and stability reasons. I did not try with MediaMonkey though, but with itunes there have been problems every now and then of not finding the db on the network drive.. So I use it local and mack a backup of the db to the RAID after major changes..

B