MM not scrobbling CDs on last.fm

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

concentric

MM not scrobbling CDs on last.fm

Post by concentric »

I'm unable to scrobble CDs in last.fm using Mediamonkey. I'm finding conflicting information about whether or not CDs can even be scrobbled. Is it possible? If so, how? The CD plays fine and the track info shows up in MM, but not in last.fm.

Thanks!
nohitter151

Re: MM not scrobbling CDs on last.fm

Post by nohitter151 »

What scrobbler are you using?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
concentric

Post by concentric »

I'm using Audioscrobbler v2 plugin.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

That plugin doesn't support CD scrobbling. You have to use the native plugin for that.

bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

nohitter151 wrote:That plugin doesn't support CD scrobbling. You have to use the native plugin for that.
I am using the native plug-in and CD's won't scrobble. MP3's work though. This was never a problem with iTunes. Is there something I am missing? I don't see why it would work with one program and not another. I really don't want to switch back to iTunes.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

bonzo728 wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:That plugin doesn't support CD scrobbling. You have to use the native plugin for that.
I am using the native plug-in and CD's won't scrobble. MP3's work though. This was never a problem with iTunes. Is there something I am missing? I don't see why it would work with one program and not another. I really don't want to switch back to iTunes.
What version of the plugin do you have? Are you sure you have the MM native plugin (i.e. not the one available from last.fm website)

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume the CD needs to be found on FreeDB (ie have track information) for it to be able to be scrobbled?
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

nohitter151 wrote:
bonzo728 wrote:
What version of the plugin do you have? Are you sure you have the MM native plugin (i.e. not the one available from last.fm website)
I was able to get a response from support and downloaded the newest beta version of Mediamonkey http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 34522&sd=d
and the native Last.fm plugin http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 32&start=0

Now not only do my CD's not scrobble, but my MP3's in my library won't anymore either. When I look at the log file it says 'NowPlaying ok'. So what is the problem?

Previously I had two plugins installed for last.fm, the other one was for the Last.fm client ( I like having the last.fm player show info about the bands I listen to...if I can't have this feature with MM, no big deal). I noticed that tracks were being scrobbled twice in a row and I am assuming this is the culprit.

Is there something else I need to download or is there something I am doing wrong?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When using the MediaMonkey last.fm script you can't use any additional scrobbler plugins or the last.fm client.
stoney end

Post by stoney end »

I'm having the same problem, and I'm not using the last.fm client, I have no other scrobbling plugins, and I have the latest MM beta and the corresponding native last.fm plugin. :evil: I really want it to scrobble my CDs, so what do I do?

EDIT: Errrr, n/m. It was a lag on last.fm's part. :oops:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Just to confirm you have MM 3.1.0.1232 and the last.fm 1.0.2.13 plugin?
Make sure you restart MM after installing the plugin and please report any issues with the beta plugin in the Beta forum. Also check out the various topics on this already created in the beta forum.
stoney end

Post by stoney end »

I WAS using the beta, but when I had nothing but problems with it, I went back to the version available on the main site - 3.0.7.1191. And I got the native last.fm plugin that works with that. The beta version scrobbled my CDs, and this one appears to - I can check my last.fm page and it'll tell me the track's playing, but when it's done, it's not added to my scrobbled tracks. Is there any way to fix this without having to go back to the beta?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

stoney end wrote:I WAS using the beta, but when I had nothing but problems with it, I went back to the version available on the main site - 3.0.7.1191. And I got the native last.fm plugin that works with that. The beta version scrobbled my CDs, and this one appears to - I can check my last.fm page and it'll tell me the track's playing, but when it's done, it's not added to my scrobbled tracks. Is there any way to fix this without having to go back to the beta?
That was a bug with the old plugin. I don't know what problems you could possibly have had with the beta. Maybe now that its a release candidate you could try it again...

stoney end

Post by stoney end »

It would freeze and lock up for 5-10 seconds at the end of almost every track - especially on CDs. (To be fair, the old version sometimes did too, but not every track, and not for this long. I know part of it's just a need for more RAM.) And it constantly crashed for no real reason.

Perhaps once it's released, I'll have my RAM upgrade and I can see if that solves some of my issues. I'm sure it'll solve a big portion of the locking up after tracks play, but idk about the crashing.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

stoney end wrote:It would freeze and lock up for 5-10 seconds at the end of almost every track - especially on CDs. (To be fair, the old version sometimes did too, but not every track, and not for this long. I know part of it's just a need for more RAM.) And it constantly crashed for no real reason.

Perhaps once it's released, I'll have my RAM upgrade and I can see if that solves some of my issues. I'm sure it'll solve a big portion of the locking up after tracks play, but idk about the crashing.
Well if it crashed you really could have helped the developers with a debug log. The whole point of a beta is to iron out any errors...