Discrepency Between Total Times In Explorer & Burn Windows

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Son of Spam

Discrepency Between Total Times In Explorer & Burn Windows

Post by Son of Spam »

I'm trying to burn a CDR. As you can see by the image below, the MediaMonkey explorer window shows the total time of my CD playlist to be 1:19:42.

But when I go through the Burn setup process, the total time shows 1:20:04. As such, I can't burn the disc as is.

I tried refreshing the view window; I've shutdown MM and restarted it, to no avail. What's going on?

Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.
Samuel_LB

Re: Discrepency Between Total Times In Explorer & Burn Windows

Post by Samuel_LB »

Total time will be the same if in Disc Burn Wizard, if you use Write Method Disc-at-once (no gaps).

If you use Track-at-once it will add 2 seconds gap between each track.
Son of Spam

Post by Son of Spam »

Samuel_LB wrote:Total time will be the same if in Disc Burn Wizard, if you use Write Method Disc-at-once (no gaps).

If you use Track-at-once it will add 2 seconds gap between each track.
Thanks, Samuel. But I AM using Disc-At-Once.

For some reason, it refuses to allow the proper total time. I've even shortened some of my songs by 1 or 2 seconds just to get it under the 120:00 limit, but to no avail.

It still shows a full disc, when I clearly have several seconds lee-way to play with.
Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

allow 2 minutes for index files to have room to be burned. the cdr index file is what tells the audio player where the file is on the list and if you have cdtext it adds that in too.

so you need to lose 2 minutes of space just to make sure there is room enough for the index.

also export the playlist to m3u file. open it in another program see what it says the size is in that program.
just wondering if it is something monkey is doing or if now windows is messing with monkey.?

i never get the same size reported on the cdr's or the cdrw's that is reported by windows. and that is also the same with burning data disks with another program the files are reported at less size then they are when the program puts them on the disk. so windows does something but i have not figured it out yet. more likely won't figure it out either so just leave the 2 minutes of room to be safe. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> allow 2 minutes for index files to have room to be burned.

That implies the wizard's total time figure is erroneously including index space. If anyone can confirm, please do.
Chris