HUGE Font In The New MediaMonkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Son of Spam

HUGE Font In The New MediaMonkey

Post by Son of Spam »

I upgraded to MM 3.1.0.1.2.5.6.

The fonts of the characters are HUGE!!!

(Well, okay: they're not THAT big, but still... :wink: )

Anyway, I wanted to know how I can fix that. The old lettering was a bit too small for my liking, but this is ridiculous! :D
Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.
nohitter151

Re: HUGE Font In The New MediaMonkey

Post by nohitter151 »

Whats your size defined at in Tools | Options | Skin? The size of my font is the same as it was in 3.0.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think that the font size has remained the same between 3.0 and 3.1 for those who use a regular windows font size, but for those who have changed their windows font size it seems 3.1 has a different size. Anyway as Nohitter151 mentioned Tools > Options > Skins allows the user to modify the font size used in MediaMonkey.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

I too have the HUGE font problem in one of my installs. Though MonkeyRok and the player have the old small correct font, the tree and main window have a much larger font that appears to be bold as well. I do not have this problem with my other install. The problem arose upon installation of 3.1. The HUGE font makes the tree window and main window very user unfreindly, and causes less of the columns to be displayed than using the small font. I have not changed font settings in MM to cause this issue, and am struggling to understand what has caused it. Also I am unsure as to what % or px setting to use to get the tree and main window to look like it used to or even to match the other windows on the same screen. What are the default settings for the font and how can I sort the fact that I've got two different fonts on the screen at the same time? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what skin you using.

could be the skinner when they made the skin changed the size of the font in the skin.

this would give you a bigger size then normal when you use that skin, so the skinner would have
to go back in to that skin and change the fonts back to the size 8 or 9 which ever they were before.
in order to get the small ones to show up when you open the skin.
this also will allow for better font size adjustment by the skin users.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

I am using Agora for MM and Agora DreadMod for Monkey Rok on both installs. The work install is as it was in 3.0.6, that is the same font in MM, Monkey Rok, no bold. At home, bold large font in the tree view and main window, while Monkey Rok is the proper smaller text. Both installs worked properly with 3.0.6, and now one does not with 3.1. Both installs have Windows XP, SP 3 and both have Windows large fonts selected through Windows display properties. Finally, the larger text appears in other skins such as Glided, Blue Glass and WMP 11 on the home install, while these skins all work properly on the work install.
komarek

Post by komarek »

I have the HUGE FONT problem too.

The font on the main screen shrunk down to a manageable size when I switched to my windows system theme - but then I noticed that the dialog box for the equalizer control is no longer large enough to display all of its contents.

--pk---
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

I closed and re-started my work install and now have the HUGE FONT problem in the MonkeyRok skin and not the other windows at work. No settings were changed in between. Closing and re-starting a second time did not cure it. So now at work the MonkeyRok skin is huge font while the other windows are not and at home the other windows are huge font while the MonkeyRok skin is not. All was well in 3.0.6, and I have changed no settings in either install after the installation of 3.1. Any thoughts about how to address this seemingly random problem would be appreciated as the huge font is tough on the eyes and messes up the layout of the whole screen. While I haven't had time to test changing the font size, I question whether this is the appropriate solution, particularly as neither install has all huge font or all small font and the windows that have huge font are reversed in the two installs.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The MediaMonkey font size can be controlled by Tools > Options > Skin. It doesn't matter if you use px or % just see which font-size fits your needs. The MonkeyRok and other scripts fonts are probably controlled by the Internet Explorer settings on your machine. Try resetting the font size in Internet Explorer to see if that resolves the issue.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Thanks for the suggestion, but changing the font size in Internet Explorer had no affect on the Monkey Rok font that worked earlier today and now no longer does. I still do not understand how the MM windows can have different fonts, which change without any settings being changed It would appeart that something is not well with the upgrade to 3.1 as all was well in 3.0.6.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

pkw115 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but changing the font size in Internet Explorer had no affect on the Monkey Rok font that worked earlier today and now no longer does. I still do not understand how the MM windows can have different fonts, which change without any settings being changed It would appeart that something is not well with the upgrade to 3.1 as all was well in 3.0.6.
It could be a number of things, try the default skin to see if the fonts are as large there. If not, its a problem with the skin and you'll have to either check for an update to the skin or contact the skin author to make a change.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Works fine for me. Do you have an alternate Windows font (DPI) setting?
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

I'm new to this thread; I sought it out because I have the same problem. I installed 3.1 over my previous version (3.0.4 I think) and the text in the lists became much larger - on all skins. I changed the font size via the skins window and thought nothing was happening -- it turned out I was making changes in too small increments. I then tried the font at its max of 22 and discovered that something indeed happened - the font got so large I could no longer access the entry box for changing the font. I was able to regain access by changing my screen resolution to a higher number, so now have the lists at the comfortable size, shown as 10px in the entry box. However the font on the buttons and menus is now smaller - harder to read - than I like. Clearly the button font and list fault are not the same size although both are changed by the setting (I looked at three skins, including Glided, which I think is the default). This is not a life and death matter, but the problem reported by other posters is real and the interface changed for the worse when I installed 3.1.
Can't afford a signature.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the fonts are all set at different sizes in the skin mskn file. for the different items. the list view if as i said in my first reply is sat to 8 or 9 pixels will allow the user of the skin to change the size eaiser by that font size adjustment box on the panel opitons.

i had thought the other fonts would be normal. but looks like we might have to fix them by making them larger so they will be closer to match the user's changing.

there is also the issue of the fonts changing with the script. or the script changing size with the fonts adjustments.
that will make the monkey rok script need to be adjusted too.

i hope there is a way the fonts can be stopped from messing with the scripts. this will fix monkey rox and other scripts. but until that is figured out or done just put up with the fonts too small and or do as told above ask the skin author if they can fix the font sizes to work with the users font adjustment box in the options.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

A thank you to all skinners; your job is not just a bowl of cherries.
Can't afford a signature.