Convert file names only from Tags?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Rednroll

Convert file names only from Tags?

Post by Rednroll »

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a script or a method in MM to rename the source media file names using the ID3 tag information?

My thought is that in MM when you use the "Convert audio format" under the TOOLS menu, it gives some nice file naming options using the ID3 tag information which have worked great for the way I prefer to have my media files named when it converts the audio format. Well, I would like to have this same kind of functionality without converting the audio format but only converts the file names using the ID3 tag info.
SHR

Re: Convert file names only from Tags?

Post by SHR »

Hallo,

the feature you're maybe looking for is Auto-Organize Files.
Taken from the help:
"Auto-Organize Files
Tracks can also be organized en-mass into a directory structure and filename format of your choice. This is done via the Auto-Organize Files function, which uses existing Track properties to move and rename files according to a specified format. For instance, you could organize all of your Tracks in the following format: C:/Music/<Artist>/<Album> - <Title>.xxx . To do this:

Select the Tracks that you wish to reorganize/rename, and click Tools > Auto-Organize Files. "

If you are satisfied with the convert naming, then you can easily use the same schema there.

Happy naming.
Rednroll

Re: Convert file names only from Tags?

Post by Rednroll »

Thank you!!! It sounds perfect!!!