Cannot close MM anymore on Win7

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Funkafonik

Cannot close MM anymore on Win7

Post by Funkafonik »

Hello all,

for the past week, I haven't been able to close MM down at all. I open MM, and when I try closing it from either the X top-right corner, or from the File menu, it says "There are background process running, want to terminate them?". But thing is, it pops this up even if I've just opened MM so nothing should be running. Worse, if I click YES, it closes the MM window but the library stays open and stuck in Windows. Even if I "end process" in the Windows Task Manager, it doesn't wanna close! Once in that state, it also makes my iTunes unusable as it hangs in the Task Manager as well and cannot be "process ended" either. Even worse, I cannot restart or shut down Win7 once MM hangs, I have to force shut down my whole computer.

This happens everytime I open MM now, so that's really not usable to say the least, to have to force shut down your whole computer just to shut down MM or be able to open other music players.

Anyone else having this issue with Win7 64-b?
Peke

Re: Cannot close MM anymore on Win7

Post by Peke »

Not here, any apps that retrieve playing info?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Funkafonik

Post by Funkafonik »

I've actually found other threads about this issue, and there was indeed a DVD in my drive, took it out, and now MM closes normally... :D
I really hope that was the problem and it's now solved, but it's definitely an issue the MM developers must fix soon!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try to Add DVD to Ignore Drive list in MediaMonkey.ini and see what happen.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts