WAV files not appearing in library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

danhackley

WAV files not appearing in library

Post by danhackley »

I'm running MM 3.2.0.1294 with Windows 7. I've not had any problem with tagging WAV files before. I recently ripped a CD in WAV using EAC. I can drag the files into the "now playing" window where I can add meta-tags no problem. However, when I go to import the files into the library, they do not seem to appear!

Any ideas? Thanks!
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
Lowlander

Re: WAV files not appearing in library

Post by Lowlander »

Are they in a folder set as Virtual CD or Previews or on drive A or B? Did you check if WAV is selected in the Add/Rescan Tracks dialog?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

In addition to what Lowlander asked, is it possible that you have a filter active that could be hiding the files?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if you dragged them in to monkeys now playing list. then you did your edit on them in monkey.
they should already be in the library.
monkey should auto add them when he does any editing of them.

when you add / rescan the files to put them in the library they won't show up cause they are there.

but if you try and find new songs and don't have the option for the new playlist to be made for recently added songs
then you will have a hard time finding them.

thats all i can think of to add to your list of possible things hope you get it figured out soon. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Thanks guys - it's as Lowlander said, I just had to tick the WAV box in the scan files dialog. I don't know why it was unticked, as I have scanned in WAV files before. Maybe it was to do with the last upgrade. Oh well, working now! :)
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

danhackley wrote:Thanks guys - it's as Lowlander said, I just had to tick the WAV box in the scan files dialog. I don't know why it was unticked, as I have scanned in WAV files before. Maybe it was to do with the last upgrade. Oh well, working now! :)
very possible it was the upgrade. i've had other options be turned off when i did upgrades of monkey in the past. i keep checking them now though just in case.
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.