Renaming Question

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bonzo728

Renaming Question

Post by bonzo728 »

Hello all

I have a question about renaming my files based on the tags. What I like to do is have the name of each file simply be the track number and the title, so for instance, track one on Led Zeppelin II would be:
1. Whole Lotta Love

However, having it set up like this proves to be an annoyance when trying to burn data discs. The tenth track will be burned before track 1, and the whole thing ends up being a mess.

Is there a way to automatically set it so it'll make the track number two digits, so it will always look like this instead?
01. Whole Lotta Love

I have thousands of songs and it would take forever to rename all these manually. And I love having an all-in-one program in MM so I don't need to have a separate program just for renaming files like I used to.

Thanks.
nohitter151

Re: Renaming Question

Post by nohitter151 »

<Track#:2>
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

nohitter151 wrote:<Track#:2>
Appreciated.
Anti

Post by Anti »

If you want to edit the tags quickly when adding new tracks/albums, I find this script works nicely:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=29976

I prefer using this script to get the tags done properly first, then I 'auto-organize' the filename and path.
As opposed to working on the filename first, and then try to tag from the filename.