Media Tree - Sort by Album only not Artist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kurt4949

Media Tree - Sort by Album only not Artist

Post by Kurt4949 »

Right now If I click on The Album Tree, I get the same album list multiple times depending on if the album had more than one artist or not. This seems like it should be called "Album & Artist" which is not what I want. I want to sort by Album only. Using MM 4.0.0.1459
r0k

Re: Media Tree - Sort by Album only not Artist

Post by r0k »

You should have a look at the Magic Nodes add on. It allows you to create your own tree nodes and customize them to your liking. It's one of the few addons i can't live without.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I don't think I understand completely what you mean. But you can change the sort order however you like, just click on the headers at the top of the track list.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It seems you didn't tag the Album Artist field correctly which results the tracks to be split among multiple Albums. For all tracks on the Album the Album Artist needs the same value. In case you have multiple Artists you should use something like Various Artists for Album Artist: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... erties/4.0
Kurt4949

Post by Kurt4949 »

Lowlander wrote:It seems you didn't tag the Album Artist field correctly which results the tracks to be split among multiple Albums. For all tracks on the Album the Album Artist needs the same value. In case you have multiple Artists you should use something like Various Artists for Album Artist: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... erties/4.0
Thanks that was the problem.
GoldenNorm

Post by GoldenNorm »

Is there some non-printing, "invisible" character I can insert into the Album Artist field that will kepp MM 3.2.3 from periodically deciding to auto-fill the latter with the Artist name(s).

Norm
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not that I know.