At what point does MM4 add info to the database?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DJSigma

At what point does MM4 add info to the database?

Post by DJSigma »

I was using MM3 with MonkeyTunes and the Hyperfine remote (Android version). I found that whenever I played a file - even if it was not in my library - it would add the genre embedded into that file's tag to the database, which then meant it showed up in the Hyperfine remote app under "Genre". That was not good, as it meant that the Genre section of the app filled up with genres that I don't even have in my library. Running the library clean-up tools did not fix this and the only way to solve it was to nuke my library altogether, then re-add all of my music, therefore rebuilding the database.

Does this also happen with MM4? If it does, is there any way to clean-up the genre section of the database so that it only contains genres that make up my library, rather than the genres of any files I happen to have played, even if it's just once?
Lowlander

Re: At what point does MM4 add info to the database?

Post by Lowlander »

Don't know about the problem, but I'd say try it.

Genre removal: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... move+genre
DJSigma

Post by DJSigma »

Thanks! Will the script in this thread work with MM4?..........

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=18536

So far, I have only tried playing one file that isn't in my library with MM4 and the genre (I deliberately tagged it as "Podcast" to see if it would show up) has not been added to the database, as it was in MM3. I will let you know if it does happen though, because presumably that isn't by design. Thanks again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll have to ask in the addons topic to see if it works in MM4.