Backup from the library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lottebol

Backup from the library

Post by lottebol »

How can I make a backup from the library. Where did MM save the library. When I go to My Music\Mediamonkey\Mediamonkey.mdb than I get a window with access 2000 but not a library. Can somebody say it step by step how I must make a backup from the library. Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What doyou mean a "backup from the library"?

If you mean a backup OF the library then you have indeed found the correct file and simply copying it and saving it as (for example) MediaMonkey.mdb.bak will keep a backup of it.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
lottebol

Library

Post by lottebol »

I mean, where did MM save the library.
lottebol

Library

Post by lottebol »

Sorry, but what I would say when you have 2 different library's, where did MM save them. Thanks.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

By Default MM saves the Library in My Music\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.mdb as you already found out.

If you made MM to use 2 different Libraries, you must have said MM where these Libraries are - and they are still there :roll:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, the library is saved here: My Music\Mediamonkey\Mediamonkey.mdb unless you have specified differently in your .ini file, and then you'd know where because it will say in your .ini file.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
lottebol

Library

Post by lottebol »

Thanks for the answer. But I don't understand it. Can you explain it simply because I am dutch and my english is not so good. When I open Mediamonkey.mdb than I get a window with access 2000 and not a library. What is a ini.file. What steps must I do to get the library.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The library is in the Access 2000 file called MediaMonkey.mdb

I don't know how else to convince you! :)
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

trixmoto wrote:The library is in the Access 2000 file called MediaMonkey.mdb

I don't know how else to convince you! :)
Does lottebol know how to use Access 2000? This could the problem.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

[Message in Dutch]

Hallo Lottebol

De database is normaal opgeslagen in het bestand C:\Documents and Settings\[GEBRUIKERSNAAM]\Mijn documenten\Mijn muziek\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.mdb
met [GEBRUIKERSNAAM] de gebruikersnaam waarmee je inlogt op Windows. (In de engelse versie is het ...\My Documents\My Music\...)
Deze map is gemakkelijk te vinden door Mijn Documenten rechttreeks te openen, en dan verder te gaan naar de juiste map.
Ik veronderstel dat je dit tot nu toe al gedaan had.

Een backup maken van de database doe je eenvoudigweg door het bestand MediaMonkey.mdb te kopieren, bijvoorbeeld naar MediaMonkey.mdb.bak
Om een backup te maken is het dus niet nodig het bastand te openen (met Access), het moet gewoon in Windows gekopieerd worden.

Het bestand openen doe je best enkel na een kopie gemaakt te hebben, en met enige voorzichtigheid. Je kunt het gewoon bekijken, maar daarvoor is wel enige basiskennis van Access vereist.

Ter informatie:
Het INI-bestand (gewoon een tekstbestand met instellingen) van MediaMonkey staat *steeds* in de map C:\Documents and Settings\[GEBRUIKERSNAAM]\Mijn documenten\Mijn muziek\MediaMonkey\ (of de Engelse variant) en noemt MediaMonkey.ini.
Als je het bestand in notepad (kladblok) opent kan je in het gedeelte [System] de variabele "DBName" toevoegen om MM de database ergens anders (dan de standaardlocatie) te laten zoeken, bijvoorbeeld:
DBName=C:\ergensanders\bestandsnaam.mdb
Staat dit reeds zo bij jouw, dan moet je een backup (kopietje) maken van dit bestand dat hier staat vermeld.

Hopelijk ben je hiermee geholpen.

Groeten
Steegy
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks Steegy! Hopefully this will make things clear for you lottebol. :)