Version 4.02.1462

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Version 4.02.1462

Post by Guest »

When I opened up MM today I was greeted by a pop up telling me that a new version was available and words to the effect that as it contained important changes it was strongly recommended to act on the recommendation, so I did.

After downloading and starting the installation process I then received the following error message

"An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied."

I tried again without success and then clicked on "Abort", thinking that I could post the problem on here and then try again once I'd been advised on how to handle/get round it.

However, pressing "Abort" seemed to have the same effect as if I'd pressed "Skip" because when I reopened MM it had been updated!

This, though, has caused three questions

1) Regarding the error message - should I just ignore it or is there some action I need to take?

2) I've been unable to find how to show the view of album art that I used to get in my old version under the node tree (just above the play button) and am wondering how I can do that?

3) The view I am getting of selected albums is a mess (please see screenshot below)! The typeface has changed and some of the the alignment (in the columns) is to the left and some to the right so that adjacent colums appear to run into each other. Is there any way that I can (a) change individual column text alignment (b) get rid of the row at the top that is showing A(1) (c) get it to automatically show all the tracks on an album - as the previous version did and (d) change the typeface back to what it used to be?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

BKKKPewsey

Re: Version 4.02.1462

Post by BKKKPewsey »

I presume you have updated from MM3?
You will not see all the tracks because you are in "show art with details" view
Just like MM3 this will only display the number of tracks as per tools/options/appearance - if you want to see all the tracks then you need to select "all details" view
You can drag the art and details pane back to the left side (as per MM3)
As far as the text alignment and font is concerned I cannot see any difference between MM3 and MM4 - did you change the font size in MM3?
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege

Post by Guest »

BKKKPewsey wrote:I presume you have updated from MM3?
You will not see all the tracks because you are in "show art with details" view
Just like MM3 this will only display the number of tracks as per tools/options/appearance - if you want to see all the tracks then you need to select "all details" view
You can drag the art and details pane back to the left side (as per MM3)
As far as the text alignment and font is concerned I cannot see any difference between MM3 and MM4 - did you change the font size in MM3?
Many thanks for the reply.

By changing the view to "show details" that solved all of the problems I listed under question 3 and restored everything to the way that I am used to viewing it (including the font which I had never changed).

I did not, though, understand what you meant regarding my question 2. Drag and drop from where?
When I first installed MM about 3 or 4 years ago it was already there.

Once again, many thanks again for solving one of my major problems and any further advice in relation to the other two would be very, very welcome.
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

With regard to the error message you will have to wait for a dev to answer but I would say if it is all working then there is no problem.
With regard to the album art & details panel (pane) If you right click on it then select show titlebar you can then drag it where you want.
eg. from the right side which is the default MM4 position back to left side under the tree nodes as per MM3.

I would also recommend activating the show entire library (file/edit collections) if you haven't already.
MM4's new collections/types can cause problems at first because it may categorise some of your music as "classical" on first scan/update.
So if any music appears to be missing check in entire library - it can easily be re-categorised so that it appears under the music node.
A quick search on the forum will reveal that it catches quite a few users out :lol: "Where's my music gone!"
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Restart the PC then install. Some file was locked by some process.

2) Under the View menu you can change views.

3a) No
3b) Yes, under Tools > Options > Media Tree for the different Collections you can disable Grouping
3c) Yes, Tools > Options > Appearance and disable the Art + Details show ... files option
3d) Not sure, if changing skin can change type face

Post by Guest »

BKKKPewsey wrote:With regard to the error message you will have to wait for a dev to answer but I would say if it is all working then there is no problem.
With regard to the album art & details panel (pane) If you right click on it then select show titlebar you can then drag it where you want.
eg. from the right side which is the default MM4 position back to left side under the tree nodes as per MM3.

I would also recommend activating the show entire library (file/edit collections) if you haven't already.
MM4's new collections/types can cause problems at first because it may categorise some of your music as "classical" on first scan/update.
So if any music appears to be missing check in entire library - it can easily be re-categorised so that it appears under the music node.
A quick search on the forum will reveal that it catches quite a few users out :lol: "Where's my music gone!"
Thanks for replying again.

I hadn't realised that some of my tracks had disappeared until I checked after reading your warning!

Then I found that 68, to which I had included some form of classical reference, under genre, were missing from "Music" and were only listed under "Classical" - I use multiple genres, an example of which would be 90's; 90's Heavy Metal; 90's Hard Rock; 90's Modern Classical; 90's Rock; Heavy Metal; Hard Rock; Modern Classical; Rock, which allows me to search by decade, by decade/genre or just by genre and then sort again by year, or original year.

Anyway, I then found a question that had been answered by Lowlander and solved the problem by highlighting all the tracks and then changing the type to "Music" under properties and they all went to where they should have been.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=63533

I still, though, have the other two problems i.e. the album art and error message.

When I activated the Title Bar", as you suggested, all that happened was that it made the entire bar portable (using drag/drop) with no album art visible.

What I'm hoping to arrive at is similar to what is shown in the screenshot below (This is a screenshot I've used previously when I needed help to lose the grey box which is visible to the right of the Node Tree) where there are two sets of album art visible - one for now playing and the other (which is currently missing) for albums I click on as I'm running through my library and appears in the screenshot above the play button.

Once again, many thanks for your reply.

BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

I think Lowlander has answered the question ref the error message
Lowlander wrote:1) Restart the PC then install. Some file was locked by some process.
As far as the non-display of the album I don't really know :-? If it had album art before then it should show up.
Is your art embedded in the tags or separate jpgs?
I would suggest trying a rescan of a folder where you know the album art is ok.
Either way it may be better to do what Lowlander suggested and try a re-install as the original install may not be complete or is corrupted in some way. :(

Post by Guest »

Right!

Many thanks to Lowlander & BKKKPewsey.

Everything is working fine now apart from the album art, which is still not appearing between the bottom of the Node Tree and the play button.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, again, in advance.
DJSigma

Post by DJSigma »

This also happened to me when I tried it: -
When I activated the Title Bar", as you suggested, all that happened was that it made the entire bar portable (using drag/drop) with no album art visible.
But, what happened was that I was actually dragging the toolbar at the bottom of "Now Playing". The one that has "List Edit Copy" on it. Somehow I've managed to lose that completely, but after it disappeared, if I enabled the Art & Details window then right-clicked that and chose "Show Titlebar", I could then drop it to the left-hand side under the media tree and the whole window moves, so the art shows there instead of on the right.
Laeotaekhun

Post by Laeotaekhun »

Thanks to everyone who replied and helped me get my album art where I want it!!

However, I still have a problem that I don't know is solvable or is just a result of so called "improvements" in MM4.

I would prefer the album art to be just that - without the now playing/selected headers and the text telling me what it is.

My now playing art is bottom right and the selected is what I've just clicked on, so why do I need the information? It just detracts from the aesthetics and serves no useful purpose!

Is it possible to just display the album art (as MM version 3)?

Many thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, that is not possible.
Laeotaekhun

Post by Laeotaekhun »

Lowlander wrote:No, that is not possible.
Obviously, not the answer that I was hoping for but many thanks for taking the time to reply.
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

Although you cannot remove the tabs with the text(now playing/selected) you can change/remove any other text in that window.
Just right click and choose select fields.
Just in case you haven't found that yet :)
johninspain

Post by johninspain »

Laeotaekhun wrote:
I would prefer the album art to be just that - without the now playing/selected headers and the text telling me what it is.

My now playing art is bottom right and the selected is what I've just clicked on, so why do I need the information? It just detracts from the aesthetics and serves no useful purpose!

Is it possible to just display the album art (as MM version 3)?

Many thanks in advance.
You can remove the details by right clicking on the art window and un-ticking the "Show File Details" option (Last Line)
Dont think you can make the tabs go away, but I think these are pretty handy.

HTH
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

There's no way to hide the tabs, but hopefully there will be in the not-so-distant future.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.