Seeing 2 copies of everything

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ColDog

Seeing 2 copies of everything

Post by ColDog »

I am using the Classical Collection option for my large(ish) Classical music library. Media Monkey is by far the best utility for organising this that I have used. However, I have the column browser open, and the album art and details below it. It is fine for browsing by different criteria (Artist, composer etc), but when look at something and afterwards hit the 'All Items' bar at the top of a column, it then displays 2 copies of everything, until I look at another collection and then return to the classical one, which sorts it out. Is there a setting I am missing, or is this a glitch.
Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Seeing 2 copies of everything

Post by Lowlander »

Which version (Help > About) of MediaMonkey? F5 (refresh) may fix the glitch.
ColDog

Post by ColDog »

Thanks for that. I'm using MM 4.0.3.1476. Yes, F5 does fix it, and actually also obviates the need to click on the 'All (items)' bar in the first place. So no longer much of a problem, but probably a glitch to be ironed out in future versions?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think someone has reported this before, but I can't replicate. I suggest you send a debug log (step 4b) to support for this bug: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
DJSigma

Post by DJSigma »

Lowlander wrote:I think someone has reported this before
Me, although in my case I wasn't seeing 2 of everything. It was just random albums that were doubled up. Refreshing or switching to a different genre, then back to the original genre again solves it. I don't know what caused it, cos it was working fine for weeks.
Drewbie

Post by Drewbie »

i constantly have this issue with every edition i always update to the newest available (not for this ..just cause i like the progress) so i'm running the newest and all u can do is refresh/switch tabs ... i think it has to do with scanning/auto organize it only happens when folders are being monitored after that and a couple refreshes its all good ....just wanted to let developers know im affected and where it comes from .....annoying but i don know what can be done ,,,, then again never seen this in any other software and i use lots of softwares
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Drewbie wrote:just wanted to let developers know im affected and where it comes from
Lowlander wrote:send a debug log (step 4b) to support for this bug: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
rusty

Post by rusty »

Looks like: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9188

Will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks.

-Rusty