Send To | Playlist Spurious Entries

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

FriendlyPat

Send To | Playlist Spurious Entries

Post by FriendlyPat »

Hi,

In Media Monkey 4.0.2.1462, I have two Playlists listed in the Media Tree (say 'ListA' and 'ListB'), but when I click a track, right-click, choose Send To | Playlist, I get something like this:

ListA
ListB
ListC
ListD

Why are my playlists 'ListA' and 'ListB' listed twice and how can I get rid of the extra playlists 'ListC' and 'ListD', which I deleted some time ago? If I view the Playlists table using a database viewer, just the correct two playlists are listed in the table.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind wishes, Patrick skelton
SansaMonkey

Re: Send To | Playlist Spurious Entries

Post by SansaMonkey »

I can't see such a behavior with the actual beta.

Are this playlists created by MM, or imported?
FriendlyPat

Post by FriendlyPat »

I had a MM.DB, which I cleared. I then deleted ALL playlists. Then I began re-adding all my original tracks, one album at a time. I used the New Playlist option in the right-click menu to re-create the playlists. The extra playlists appeared when I closed and re-opened Media Monkey.

I am a software engineer, so I have tools such as hex editors etc. on my machine, and I can probably fix this problem if I can find where the data for the right-click context menu is stored.

- Patrick
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Above the line are last used Playlists which are stored in the ini listed under [SendToPlstHist]. Below the line are all the playlists in the Library which includes the recently used above the line playlists.

ini: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17