can I have the album name automatically generated by

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

theloniouscoltrane

can I have the album name automatically generated by

Post by theloniouscoltrane »

I have all these Grateful Dead shows where they are in a folder that properly names the album, for instance "Grateful Dead Live at Barton Hall, Cornell University on 1977-05-08" but the album name in MM is blank, or worse, is listed as "Added 2008-12-21 17-26"

Is there any way for that set of files, to have the album automatically grab its name from its file folder? I.e. where I could perhaps highlight all of the GD live shows that are missing album titles and hit alt F6 (I'm making this up, of course) and it would magically solve my problem?

Thanks in advance. Our MM geniuses, who I vote should have the same designation that some other companies bestow, have always been so helpful. You are the reason I stick with MM in lieu of any others.
Windows 8 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Six Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 8gb memory, MM Gold, only the plug-ins that come with MM, just the scripts that come with MM, using MM Wasapi output to an RME Fireface 800 (which is also 400 compatible) running through Firewire 400 cable into PC.
Lowlander

Re: can I have the album name automatically generated by

Post by Lowlander »

theloniouscoltrane

Re: can I have the album name automatically generated by

Post by theloniouscoltrane »

I knew how to use the auto tag from file name, but, just in case I'm not the only dummy out there, I never knew you could specify the entire line. That's where I got tripped up. I thought you could only specify back to the first "\"

Don't ask me where I dredged that incorrect fact. Anyway, as usual, thank you again. The help was spot on, fast and no one made me feel foolish except myself. :D :D :D
Windows 8 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Six Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 8gb memory, MM Gold, only the plug-ins that come with MM, just the scripts that come with MM, using MM Wasapi output to an RME Fireface 800 (which is also 400 compatible) running through Firewire 400 cable into PC.