Scan at Startup with Portable edition

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

daryan

Scan at Startup with Portable edition

Post by daryan »

Hi all,

I cannot believe that this hasn't been asked before but all of my searching has turned up nothing so here goes....:

I am using the Portable edition of MM4 on a USB drive. I have added tracks from the drive to the library (which now nicely updates when the drive letter changes thanks to the new release!). The problem is that I want to scan the media at startup to identify changes and update the library. The problem that I have is that I can't find an option that allows this, beyond the standard File Monitor feature, which 'hard codes' a scan location based on a drive letter into the INI file. This means that when the drive letter changes MM looks for, and scans an incorrect drive (if that drive letter exists).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
nohitter151

Re: Scan at Startup with Portable edition

Post by nohitter151 »

Startup scan is located at File > Add/rescan
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
daryan

Re: Scan at Startup with Portable edition

Post by daryan »

Thanks for the reply. I think that you may have missed the point slightly (or maybe I have - I don't know!). I am able to access the startup scan option without a problem, and I can set the software to scan the USB drive without a problem. This works fine until the drive letter changes.....

When the drive letter changes the startup scan fails because it is trying to scan a drive that doesn't exist and the software doesn't automatically remap the startup scan to the new drive letter. Do you see where I am coming from?