Multiple libraries?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Blutarsky

Multiple libraries?

Post by Blutarsky »

Possible? Otherwise I will post in the wishlist
rovingcowboy

Re: Multiple libraries?

Post by rovingcowboy »

Already has them one for music one for videos and one for classical music. They are all stored in same database but are shown different in the directory tree.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

How do you achieve this?
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Manage collections?
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

I can create a new collection, however the music in the new collection should be loaded from a new path.

At the moment my digital library is organized in two parts

E:\Music\Library\Archive (FLACs - Not loaded into MM yet)
E:\Music\Library\Portable (MP3s - Currently loaded in MM)

Basically I'd like to manage also the FLAC archive in a separate "Collection", in a way contents aren't listed with my current collection....
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Dont think you can do what you basicly want to do. I see the term collection is what is used i called that librarys cause thats where the nodes where at.

The only way i think you could seperate the flac files is use auto playlists and have rule looking for only flac files to load in that playlist. You could have all flac files scaned in and use the location node when you want to look in them. But they will still be in the listing for all accessible files. I think lowlander might know away to make a seperate collection i remeber a post about something like this for classical music he did.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Thanks for helping
rovingcowboy wrote:But they will still be in the listing for all accessible files.
Hmmmmm...... that would bring duplicates in the "Music" collection...... the alternatives would be to have separated libraries however it looks like MM won't support this

Let's see what Lowlander says :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should use Collections and you can create/modify them (Gold Feature). So you can create Collections with criteria Path (same criteria as AutoPlaylists) or Extension. You can manage Collections under File > Manage Collections.

The benefit of having all media files in the same Library and then split among Collections is that you can always see all files if you need to, but still can access them separately. You also don't have to close MediaMonkey to switch DB (can be done somewhat easily with /inifile switch. Lastly features like DLNA and syncing are probably the easiest to setup when using a single DB.
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Lowlander wrote:You should use Collections and you can create/modify them (Gold Feature). So you can create Collections with criteria Path (same criteria as AutoPlaylists) or Extension.
Thanks, thanks, thanks!