No art in main panel AA with details

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Brouwerik

No art in main panel AA with details

Post by Brouwerik »

Dear monkeys,

I recently ugraded from MM3 to MM4 (4.0.7.1511).
After some trouble I think everything works fine now accept that there is no album art displayed in the main panel when in AA with details or AA view.

Everywhere else the art is showed correctly such as the carousel view and the now playing info panel.

Could someone help me with this problem.

Greetz Erik
Lowlander

Re: No art in main panel AA with details

Post by Lowlander »

Does MediaMonkey have write access to the folder set as Temp folder under Tools > Options > General?
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

How do I see/change that?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

is that folder a read only folder check its properties in windows explorer go to it and select it then right click on it and click properties to see if it is read only. if it is uncheck the check box and click okay then see if what you want to do will work. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

found it!

I remebered something about MM3, where I set DontUseCoversCache=1 in the ini file.
I put it back to DontUseCoversCache=0 and now all the art is displayed again.

Follwing question. Doesn't this create millions of cached images, since I changed that in MM3 for a reason. I believe something with performance can't really remember.

Thanks for help so far
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Brouwerik wrote:found it!

I remebered something about MM3, where I set DontUseCoversCache=1 in the ini file.
I put it back to DontUseCoversCache=0 and now all the art is displayed again.

Follwing question. Doesn't this create millions of cached images, since I changed that in MM3 for a reason. I believe something with performance can't really remember.

Thanks for help so far
yep i changed it too as it makes bmp's of the art for thumbnails. takes more cache room that way but if you got new system it shouldn't mater as win7 has unlimited ram it can see so max out your mb ram. and the cpu's are faster so the L2 cache is faster now. if i remember right there was a issue with it back in the start of mm3 but its been fixed too.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it will create a cached version of Artwork associated with your files as this is much faster than having to read Artwork from media files/external files.