[Solved]Need help with destination mask Auto-Organize Files.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nzdreamer55

[Solved]Need help with destination mask Auto-Organize Files.

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Hello everyone,

I have an complicated renaming mask that I love, however I have run into a problem with CD numbering. I want to store my music in a folder labeled with the title of the album and then if there is only 1 CD (or group e.g. MP3 release) then no child folders just the song files. If there were different CD's or groupd then I want a folder for each CD group (e.g. INXS\Shine Like It Does: The Anthology 1979-1997\CD1\Music files and INXS\Shine Like It Does: The Anthology 1979-1997\CD2\Music files).

I created this:

$if(<Disc#>=,,$if(<Disc#>=1,\CD1,$if(<Disc#>=2,\CD2,$if(<Disc#>=3,\CD3,$if(<Disc#>=4,\CD4,)))))

So if there is no value in the Disc# then no child folder is created, but if there is a number (up to 4) then a child folder will get created. The problem is I have some collections that have 5 to 11 discs.

Is there a way that I can change this to pass the value from the disk# to create a child folder with that value (e.g. if I had a Disc that was numbered 356 then a child folder called CD356 would be created) and if it is empty then no folder will be created?

Thanks
-S
Last edited by nzdreamer55 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Need help with destination mask Auto-Organize Files.

Post by Lowlander »

Use $If(<Disc#>,\CD<Disc#>)
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Thanks. It works great. I realized that I needed to pad it with a second digit after trying it so now have

$If(<Disc#:2>,\CD<Disc#:2>)

Works great :-)

Thanks again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

$If(<Disc#>,\CD<Disc#:2>) as you only need to evaluate if Disc# has value.
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

OMG you made it EVEN BETTER!

Thanks again
-S