Column Browser Floating Free

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Column Browser Floating Free

Post by yarguy »

I know I have seen discussions of this before, but I couldn't find it using search. I normally have my display set up so that the media tree occupies the left pane, Now Playing and Art and Details occupy the right pane, media player is across the bottom of the screen. In the middle pane I used have the Column Browser above the Details. Somehow the Columnn Browser has broken free and can be moved around the screen where it sits covering whatever is behind it. I want it docked, fixed, not movable above the details and not covering the top part of the details. Since it was that way there must be some hidden magic that I can't discover that does fix it in place. What is it?
nohitter151

Re: Column Browser Floating Free

Post by nohitter151 »

Just drag it to the top of the main track list, it should dock itself.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Although it takes some rather fine manuevering to get it to do this, eventually I can get it anchored. But why do I have to do this everytime I start MM? Isn't there something I can do to make it stay there?
nohitter151 wrote:Just drag it to the top of the main track list, it should dock itself.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

yarguy wrote:Although it takes some rather fine manuevering to get it to do this, eventually I can get it anchored. But why do I have to do this everytime I start MM? Isn't there something I can do to make it stay there?
nohitter151 wrote:Just drag it to the top of the main track list, it should dock itself.
If you close MM with the column browser docked, then it should load the same way the next time you start the program.

If it doesn't, it means that MM doesn't close cleanly so your settings are not saved.

There are lots of reasons why that could happen, but it's impossible to say without more information. A debug log would be the best way to find out.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.