Logic operators in Autoplaylist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

EinsteinX

Logic operators in Autoplaylist

Post by EinsteinX »

Hello there dear forum member,

I would like to ask for some help on using some logic operators to build an Autoplaylist. This Autoplaylist needs to contain all of my music that I have not listened to in the last seven days, but not contain tracks that are linked. (I use the DJTiedSongs or LinkedTracks script on my MediaMonkey that links DJ mixes and Pink Floyd albums together so that while using MM's AutoDJ function these albums always play as one.) In this Autoplaylist I also want to have listed track#'s 1 of each series of Linked Tracks. Therefore I need to have something like an IF statement for the criteria of the Autoplaylist, but I don't know if it is possible to use IF statements for Autoplaylists (or for using AND / OR logic for that matter). So is there anyone that can tell me if using logic operators for Autoplaylist is possible and if so, how?

Currently I am using three playlist: one to include all my music that is not linked; one that includes all the track#'s 1 of Linked Tracks and one that combines these two into one list, like listed below, but what I really want is one elegant list that consolidates all this into one list. Is this possible?

Autoplaylist "All Not Last Week" criteria:
Match All
Last Played > (days ago) 7
Linked Tracks doesn't start with 'LT' (FYI my Custom 3 field's name is changed to Linked Track in my MM, this is the way to link tracks together)

Autoplaylist "All Linked Track 1" criteria:
Match All
Linked Tracks starts with 'LT'
Track # = 1

Autoplaylist "All Not Last Week + All Linked Track 1" criteria:
Match Any
Playlist is "All Not Last Week"
Playlist is "All Linked Track 1"

What I want to have should be something like this:
Autoplaylist "All Not Last Week + All Linked Track 1" criteria:
Match All
If (Linked Tracks starts with 'LT')
Then Track # = 1
End If

Thanks, Eins
rovingcowboy

Re: Logic operators in Autoplaylist

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'd just use multiple codes in the one linked tag. as in keep the one you have in there for linking the songs together as you want to use on autodj feature.
then just add a blank space at end of that word and use ; to seperate codes like this.

code used to link songs is example. ((((
code used for songs in your library is example ?????

(((( ; ?????

so in that example all the songs would have both codes in the linked tag. but the rule in the playlist would look for songs with out (((( code but with the ????? code in the tag. that way they won't be used in the autoplaylist.

that means of couse you would have to go through your library in selected groups of songs of about 100 to 1000 which ever you're system can handle with out locking up for hours at a time. and add in the ????? code to the tag of all the songs.
this is the same thing i do for making multiple auto playlists for different events like concerts and holiday's or daily special artists.
of course some of the tags have a long stretch for codes but about 300 characters for code lenght works yet. as long as the ; is used or other character you picked for mm to use as the seperater with the blank spaces which makes it easier to read.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Re: Logic operators in Autoplaylist

Post by Lowlander »

No, that is not possible.