Column/Track Browser doesn't keep three columns

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

Column/Track Browser doesn't keep three columns

Post by rrfpacker »

For the last month or so, my column browser doesn't always show three columns as it has for the last three or four years. Sometimes it's one, sometimes two, it is not consistent. I'm using MM 4.0.7.1511 and have been since it was released. I haven't added anything in the last month that should change this behaviour. Any thoughts?
Lowlander

Re: Column/Track Browser doesn't keep three columns

Post by Lowlander »

There is a fix in this area in MediaMonkey 4.1. You can try the beta from the Beta Testing forum.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thanks, Lowlander. I'll wait for the final release.
martinstephenbanks

Post by martinstephenbanks »

Can a script run on open of MediaMonkey that tells it what tabs and columns to display? If so, what System Service (or whatever these are called in this) do I need to use to set those properties?

Many thanks,
Martin Banks
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

rrfpacker wrote:For the last month or so, my column browser doesn't always show three columns as it has for the last three or four years. Sometimes it's one, sometimes two, it is not consistent. I'm using MM 4.0.7.1511 and have been since it was released. I haven't added anything in the last month that should change this behaviour. Any thoughts?

I posted the above on December 18, 2013. MM had been working great for me with the version listed and then one day the column browser only had one column and it has been hit or miss since as to what I will get, 1,2, or 3 columns. Upgraded to 4.1 a couple of days ago and the problem still exists...the last two days only one. Any thoughts?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is Title a missing column? It should be fixed: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9560 Also do you use multiple tabs?

A debug log (step 4b) capturing the start of MM loosing a column would like work the best: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

No, I don't use Title in the column browser, 99% of the time it's Genre, Album Artist, Album. I don't use multiple tabs, if I remember correctly I turned that function off a long time ago. Debug log is next I guess.

I'm still baffled at how this function could work for years and then all of a sudden stop working.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The fix (there were a couple) in MediaMonkey 4.1 could have triggered the new problems.
martinstephenbanks

I'm guessing there isn't a way to code this then? I would love to have code that tells it what columns to display and properties like the width etc
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can already set which columns to display.
martinstephenbanks

Via a script? What is the system service called? I can look it up on the Wiki once I know what to look for.

Thanks buddy
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on any column header in the Column Browser to change which column is shown. You can also add/remove columns.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Lowlander wrote:The fix (there were a couple) in MediaMonkey 4.1 could have triggered the new problems.

Stopped working before I upgraded to 4.1. I was running 4.0.7.1511 since its release until three days ago when I upgraded. Then I had other problems show up for which I've started threads.
martinstephenbanks

Am I missing something here or has my question not been answered? Can this be done via scripting?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

martinstephenbanks wrote:Can this be done via scripting?
No
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.