Weird happenings when I push Ctrl-A

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

theloniouscoltrane

Weird happenings when I push Ctrl-A

Post by theloniouscoltrane »

I just know this is goiung to be something simple that I have missed, but, in any case. For some reason, recently, when I want to highlight a group of tracks to manipulate in some way, I do as I have always done and high;light one of the tracks then press Ctrl-A to highlight them all. Then when I go to the thing I want to manipulate, it shows either noe as being selected or some odd subset of the tracks.

Here's a concrete example. Let's say I have an album with 12 tracks on it. I highlight one to make sure the computer knows what IO am working on, then press Ctrl-A. All twelve tracks are now highlighted. I right click and press auto-organize, and when the middle window opens (which by the way, used to be a free floating window) and only 1 or two tracks, or perhaps none, will show up in the list. The most frustrating thing is when I want to change something in Properties. Again, I highlight all tracks by using Ctrl-A, but then the properties window never opens. In all the cases, the work around is to highlight the first track and then hold down shift and press the down arrow until all are highlighted.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Windows 8 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Six Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 8gb memory, MM Gold, only the plug-ins that come with MM, just the scripts that come with MM, using MM Wasapi output to an RME Fireface 800 (which is also 400 compatible) running through Firewire 400 cable into PC.
Lowlander

Re: Weird happenings when I push Ctrl-A

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using the Art with Details view when you see this?
theloniouscoltrane

Yes, but that is what I've always used.
Windows 8 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Six Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 8gb memory, MM Gold, only the plug-ins that come with MM, just the scripts that come with MM, using MM Wasapi output to an RME Fireface 800 (which is also 400 compatible) running through Firewire 400 cable into PC.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

theloniouscoltrane

Thanks for the reply. Another helpful reply from Lowlander. The only problem is, where do I get 1703 or higher. I just reinstalled MM with hopes it would be 1703 or higher, and I got 1692.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1702 is the latest available release from the Beta forum. 1703 hasn't been released yet.
theloniouscoltrane

After all these years with MM, you'd think I could handle simple instructions. So I went to the website you stipulated (http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11965) and it said the problem was fixed with Build 1703. So, does that mean it will be fixed upon the next release? And that I need to download it from the beta part of the forum?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, once ready 1703 should be released in the Beta forum.