Can't play version 4

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Dale Fiorillo

Can't play version 4

Post by Dale Fiorillo »

Am running 3.2.5.1306 as I type this, no problems. As soon as I install any of the version 4 programs I suffer a really strange malady. Five times out of ten MM just quits at the logo screen, but if it doesn't I get the query fail message. If I click ignore I can play my database, but if I move the cursor up to the top menu bar she shuts down pronto. I was running version 4 6 months ago when I had to take the PC down for awhile. When I started up last week I started the tedious updating process, when finished MM didn't work. Tech support looked at debug logs and said they could see no problems! So what went down in the last 6 months to make MM go ape? I'm running Win7 on a high performance rig. Files are all flac. Any ideas anybody? Should I just forget the newer versions? Dale.
jc836

Re: Can't play version 4

Post by jc836 »

Did you do a complete uninstall of MM4? Are you sure the Registry entries were removed at that time. You are telling us that you are currently running 3.2.5 which will run just fine in Windows 7. You might want to try doing a complete uninstall of 3 using Revo Uninstaller. You will have to rebuild the Library and playlists. BTW: I always remove the folders associated with a program as part of the process. Reboot and do a clean install.
Retired Broadcast Recording Engineer
Oldies are our main Genre. YES-we listen to Country and a few others too!
Lowlander

Re: Can't play version 4

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps support can do a remote session? Check with support for that.