How to Hide External Drive when not Connected

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

RiffRaffAK

How to Hide External Drive when not Connected

Post by RiffRaffAK »

MediaMonkey displays the songs from my external drive even when it is not connected. Currently, I am in the process of organizing all my songs and confirming I have them backed up on the external drive. However, while I am organizing my files and not connected to the external drive, MM still displays these songs. If I sort on Path, I can separate these "ghost" files but then MM will sort them how they are organized in the path and not in the Album Artist/Album/Track # that I need in order to auto-organize.

Is there a way to tell MM not to display these "ghost" songs from a disconnected drive similar to MM not displaying a disconnect MP3 player? I have searched the DB and this forum and not found any answer.
nohitter151

Re: How to Hide External Drive when not Connected

Post by nohitter151 »

You can with an autoplaylist, use criteria Status is accessible
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use the criteria Status = is accessible in your Collection to hide files not available.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lowlander wrote:And Collections can reference Playlists if you want to hide them in a Collection.
You could probably just use criteria Status is accessible for a collection, good point.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
RiffRaffAK

Post by RiffRaffAK »

Lowlander,

Can you, or somebody else, explain more specifically what it is I need to do.

I prefer to not just make an Autoplaylist. I could make a new Collection with the Criteria = is accessible.
But in MediaMonkey Help I cannot find any instructions on making a new Collection with Criteria = is accessible.

Thank you.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

File > Manage Collections, create a new one and add the Status criteria set to is accessible.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

let me see if I understand,
You have part of your collection on an external and part internal. You are currently trying to work with the internal files but the external "ghosts" are in the way visually.

What about just working with your internal files under "My Computer" in MM.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
RiffRaffAK

Post by RiffRaffAK »

Thanks to both. I decided to go with Lowlander's suggestion once I figured out how to set Search Criteria - Property: Status
Condition: is accessible

This allows me to manage to library only on my hard disk as a typical MM library with Artist, Album Artist, Album, Genre, etc tree nodes.