HELP media volume leveling

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

barryhillier16

HELP media volume leveling

Post by barryhillier16 »

Hello every one,
I am new to media monkey as just bought the fantastic soft where so i have a lot to lirn :(
can any one help, in my mp3 collection i have a lot of mp3's ( about 600 gig around ) but with all different volumes, i found out about the track leveler what sets every track to peak at -89 db BUT is there anything in the program what would level the whole mp3 to be consistent to the volume ( so quiet parts of the track are at the same volume ?
can any one help :)
Lowlander

Re: HELP media volume leveling

Post by Lowlander »

No, it only increases/decrease the overall track volume.
Aff

Post by Aff »

You could use a DSP plug-in.
Any Winamp 2 compatible or from here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... p-effects/

But you should bear in mind that leveling (i.e. compressing) the volume within a song deteriorates sound quality. Dynamics are important for the music feeling. Compression can smear the sound and add artifacts. Be careful with limiting, especially avoid hard limiting or clipping, therefore your average target volume should be quite low.
Most modern pop/rock songs are already compressed and limited to the maximum. Or do you have raw, unmastered records? Classics?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Dynamics are important and I would never want to bring the low parts up to the highest parts.
However, on a few tracks, I would like to bring the low parts up a little higher than they are, but still lower than
the highest parts. But as Lowlander suggests, not possible with default program. As Aff suggests, maybe a plug-in exists somewhere.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜