Database Maintenance

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

dypsis

Re: Database Maintenance

Post by dypsis »

Example: Sometimes if I played an album yesterday or a couple of days ago, and then I open up MM today, those play dates are not there anymore and only display dates of some time further in the past.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you play files from My Computer it won't track Play History, it will show during the session, but that's it. Files need to be in the Library to have their Play History saved over sessions.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Lowlander wrote:If you play files from My Computer it won't track Play History, it will show during the session, but that's it. Files need to be in the Library to have their Play History saved over sessions.
Yes, I know.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Peke wrote:
dypsis wrote:And play dates are getting messed up.
Can you clarify that?
Many examples. Try this one...

I am playing The Beatles (Stereo Remaster) which I have been playing since 2009, and MediaMonkey play count for ALL tracks is 0.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I too have noticed lastplayed/count missing in some tracks and vids. I have never found a reason/symptom. It is not consistent enough to run a log or anything else. It just happens
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

You can do database maintenance by going to File > Maintain Library > Optimize Database.
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

I ran "Optimize database (Complete)" and the DB size went from 140MB to 63MB for 18k files / 338GB. Took less than a minute. Not bad at all.