no sound

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bulusunv

no sound

Post by bulusunv »

I hear no sound from speakers on MM, Ok on other players. Player is moving with soundbars Ok. MM is updated. It was working fine till a month ago?
bulusu

Re: no sound

Post by Guest »

What changed a month ago?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure MediaMonkey isn't muted (right click MediaMonkey tray icon > Volume > 100%).

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... -corrupted
Peke

Post by Peke »

We have seen reports that in some cases output Volume for MediaMonkey is turned down within Windows mixer even all other volumes are ok. To check that right click on Speeker in tray and select Open Volume mixer where you can check Volume output fro MMW.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
RonWhite

Post by RonWhite »

I am having the same problem that others have reported: No sound when playing videos. MediaMonkey does not show up in Windows volume mixer. The same videos play perfectly in other video players. And, yes, sound is turned up in every place it can be. This problem turned up spontaneously a couple of months ago. I've had to move to a different player because of it, but I miss some of MonkeyMedia's features.
Ron White
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Video has it's own plugin under Tools > Options > Input Plugins where you'll need to set the correct sound device.