Load at Windows 10 startup

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

SilvrDrgn

Load at Windows 10 startup

Post by SilvrDrgn »

I'm using MM 4.1.13 on my recently upgraded to Win 10 media server as a DLNA service. If the server happens to reboot, I want MM to startup automatically on Win 10 start, but I have been unable to get it to do so. Attempted so far:
1) Shortcut to the MM application exe in my startup folder. Nothing happens.

2) Shortcut in startup folder to DOS command line file containing:
start /MAX "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe"
For that one, it opens an MS-DOS window with the generic Microsoft version message and nothing else happens.

3) Task Manager Startup tab shows MM as "Enabled."

So, what do I need to do to get MM to start automatically on Win 10 bootup? Ideas anyone?
Michael
MMFrLife

Re: Load at Windows 10 startup

Post by MMFrLife »

Try starting fresh with the shortcut to startup menu. Delete icon in startup and on desktop > go to MM folder and create new shortcut
(try testing it with non-skinned .exe first, if you have the patience) > right click drag icon to startup menu > after letting go, click copy here.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
SilvrDrgn

Post by SilvrDrgn »

Gave that a go, it starts when I double click on it, but not when I reboot Win-DOHS.
Michael
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Haven't done this on Windows 10.

However an alternative is to run MediaMonkey as Service so it runs on startup (even before logging into Windows).
mathonwy

Post by mathonwy »

It's so weird that 6 years later

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=47441

We are still having the same discussions on ways to hack MM to load on Windows.

As opposed to checking a check box.

I run MM on a W10 box and I use MonkeyMote to control MM within my house.

I loaded MM as a service using FireDaemon Pro.
MM loads but the part of the software that supports the MonkeyMote general plug-in does not so for my purpose it doesn't work.

I can only see the MonkeyMote server when MM is actively loaded.

Any suggestions on what I can try next? I do not want the computer to automatically log-in due to security issues.