[SOLVED] How do I remove the floating player?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kmleo

[SOLVED] How do I remove the floating player?

Post by kmleo »

I just updated to MM 4.1.14.1813. It seems that the player window has been updated to allow me to move it around separately from the library window. It also seems that the now playing list has been cleaved from the library view. I can see how someone else might want this feature, but I do not want it and I don't see any way at all to make it go back to being all docked together in one nice happy little window. Can anyone assist me with putting the Now Playing view back over in the right hand pane where it used to be and turning off this floating player that never goes away and is always on top, even though I have unchecked the box that says "Always on top"? I can't code with this player sitting on top of my IDE. :-( Tell me I have just missed the correct checkbox.

Really appreciate any help you can give.

**UPDATE**
My installation is a portable installation. The computer where I performed the installation is the one with the undesired behavior. However, when I brought the drive home and plugged it into this computer, I get the view that I expect. I'm not sure what causes the wonky behavior on one machine and not another. Any insight into this twist?
Lowlander

Re: How do I remove the floating player?

Post by Lowlander »

Drag & Drop should allow you to dock the Player or any window element into the main interface. It may take a bit of trial and error. Note that the Now Playing needs to have right click > View > Dock to Window enabled for this to work.
kmleo

Re: How do I remove the floating player?

Post by kmleo »

Thank you! That was the magic setting. I appreciate you pointing it out to me.