How do I stop MM stripping out tags when add new files?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

How do I stop MM stripping out tags when add new files?

Post by F1nchy »

HI guys

A Quick Q....

I've started using the custom tags in MM. I tend to use MP3Tag to tidy my tags before I drop them into MM, but also have been updating old MP3s with FLAC versions and copying and pasting the tags from the MP3 to FLAC equivalent.

I changed the MP3Tag settings to display the five custom tags MM uses, but I'm finding that whenever I add info into them, as soon as I add those files to MM the content of those custom tags have gone.

It's not an issue with MP3Tag; when I add the custom tags via MP3tag and add those files to MM the tags are removed, however, if I then add those custom tags back in via MM and open the files in MP3Tag they are showing in the place they should be (and where I had orginally added them), so MP3tag is using the correct tags and MM is stripping them out.

Any ideas how I can stop this? It doesn't seem to do it with any other tags, just any of the five custom ones, and I can't find anything in the settings to disable it doing that.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: How do I stop MM stripping out tags when add new files?

Post by Lowlander »

I'd presume that MP3Tag writes them wrong as MediaMonkey doesn't do this with files written by MediaMonkey. I suggest you offer a file with MP3Tag written Custom tags to Support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit
F1nchy

Re: How do I stop MM stripping out tags when add new files?

Post by F1nchy »

Thanks Lowlander.

It won't let me create a ticket as it says it identifies a cross site request forgery, even if I change the bulk of the text! :o

Edit: S'ok, I created a basic ticket to get it open and then added to that