Displaying all album tracks from one track ....

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

TWKArtist

Displaying all album tracks from one track ....

Post by TWKArtist »

It's hard to describe in the subject line, but here goes.

Let's say I have a number of songs in my database that "feature" a certain artist. If I search by that artist's name I get a window displaying the results just like I'm supposed to.

But let's say one of those songs belongs to an album of other songs. Is there a way to click on the one song from that album and have the entire album displayed..?
dtsig

Re: Displaying all album tracks from one track ....

Post by dtsig »

Try right click the album and select View More From and select Album

You might want to open a new tab first as it will overwrite the current tab/data
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, follow these steps: RIGHT CLICK on track -> Find More from Same and you should see Album there.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TWKArtist

Post by TWKArtist »

OK -- I don't see "Album" as a choice when I right click.
All I get on the 'Find More From Same' item is "Playlist" "Folder (My Computer)" and "Folder (Explorer)."
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That means that either the Collection (like Music) the file belongs to doesn't have the Album sub-node enabled. You can change this under File > Manage Collections. Or that file is not in the Library, files need to be in the Library for this to work (not My Computer node).

Post by Guest »

OK, am I missing something then..?
Here's the Magic Nodes syntax for the albums in question -- I am clearly sorting by album as the last entry.

**SOUNDTRACKS • By CATEGORY / FRANCHISE|Child of:Library|Filter:<Genre> LIKE 'SOUNDTRACKS%'|Icon:0|Position:First child|MM filter:COLLECT ■ SOUNDTRACKS\<Franchise|Statistic:Count(Album)>\<Album|Sort by:Min(Custom 3), Max(Original date)>
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

If the above criteria is met and you are having a problem with MN add-on that you think is related, you need to ask questions about it in the add-on's
forum for that thread.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
TWKArtist

Post by TWKArtist »

I don't think the problem lies in Magic Nodes add-on because I can't find the "Album" entry even on the basic nodes that do not employ Magic Nodes.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

TWKArtist wrote:I don't think the problem lies in Magic Nodes add-on because I can't find the "Album" entry even on the basic nodes that do not employ Magic Nodes.
That post was meant for @Guest comment.

To only focus on MM album node, what are you trying?
Have you tried:

1. To get the Album node you must enable it. For example, from Entire Library node, you can right-click on music node
and choose edit collection > double click on Music collection > nodes tab > select Album > ok.
You can also access Manage Collections from File on upper left menu.

2. Check to see under Entire Library > location > is file in library?

Can you elaborate? What all have you tried? In the beginning, was it already there and then just disappeared?
Last edited by MMFrLife on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
TWKArtist

Post by TWKArtist »

OK, I figured it out..! All I had to do was change the Magic Nodes syntaxes to place my custom nodes underneath the "Entire Library" node. Since the 'Find More of Same By Album' feature was enabled and working there, it now works for all of my nodes.

Thanks for the information everyone who posted..!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Glad you figured it out! :)
😜
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

TWKArtist wrote:But let's say one of those songs belongs to an album of other songs. Is there a way to click on the one song from that album and have the entire album displayed..?
MonkeyRok will do exactly just that for you.
You can be playing a track, and the rest of the album will be displayed in a panel for you. Plus many other cool features.

That's why I love it. :)