help organizing

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lindserke

help organizing

Post by lindserke »

Hy,

I started using Media Monkey 1 week ago, and what a revelation !! Such an easy going program ! i'm sooo happy.
But... Now i wanted to clean up my 'mess' of how i treated my music the last couple of years.

What i did is the following:
1 had a CD, ripped the songs.
This CD I've stocked on 2 places:
1/ General library - song stayed untouched
2/ folder "My favorites', where I changed the song if needed (changed the name, added year, artist, ...) Al manualy. Also, songs who where no good i deleted.

Now I don't really want to delete the 1/ general library entirely, because there might be albums in there i want to keep.
But, i don't want to keep this folder "favorites" either, because there are over 40.000 songs in there, and, well lets be honest, not realy organised as i would like it to be.

It would be nice if i could "merge" these two folders... Like in the folder 1/general check for files who are also in 2/my favorite", and flag them (but as I changed them and added comments, information about year etc., i would like to keep these and delete the other song in 1/general, and stock the file from 2/favorites into the folder (and subfolders under) 1/general

i'm taking about a LOT of music, so manual treatment is not possible.

Does anyone have an idea about how to treat this? Maybe there is a possibility in the program i'm not aware of?

Thanks a lot !

Lindsay
AlanH

Re: help organizing

Post by AlanH »

If it was me I would install the addon advance duplicate find and fix https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -find-fix/

You can use this to find all duplicate and its easy to just get rid of the files you don't want, also you can use the auto organise function in MM to organise your files as you want, Its easy to set up rules (just make sure you preview the changes before committing)
lindserke

Post by lindserke »

Hy AlanH,

Thanks for the reply, i wil certainly try the addon :)
I will need to investigate for the auto organize button, i don't know this one yet. Where can i find it?

Thanks in advance

Lindsay
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Auto-Organize Files: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... enames/4.0