mm.db filesize went from 600MB to 3.6GB

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Codec

mm.db filesize went from 600MB to 3.6GB

Post by Codec »

I have a fairly extensive library. About 130K music tracks and well over 1000 playlists. Even with such an expansive library my mm.db has remained around 600MB. I just recently noticed that my mm.db file has jumped up to 3.6GB. Everything still works as far as I can tell. All of my playlists are present and accounted for. I was even able to run "Optimize Database (quick)". It seems to take few hours but completes. I do get a crash when running the "Complete" database optimization. I have confirmed that my portable mm.db is indeed the db that MM is using (and not some hidden one in my user profile)

Running MM 4.1.23.1881 debug version (portable mode) gold license on Windows 10 64bit
I have .elf file and can supply debug output if needed.

I am unsure of exactly when the problem occurred. I only noticed it last night when manually performing a backup of the entire drive and saw that the mm.db file was taking more than a minute to copy. I have multiple backups of my mm.db thanks to Trixmoto's awesome backup script. The script is supposed to run every few hours but it seems that the newest backup is around 2 weeks old so I would rather not use it if I don't have to.
Peke

Re: mm.db filesize went from 600MB to 3.6GB

Post by Peke »

Hi.
Can you please open support ticket, send us ELF file and and DL Link to Compressed MM.DB (shouldn't be larger than 300MB).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Codec

Post by Codec »

I am unable to log into the support site to start a ticket. I get an error stating "Invalid Username or Password". I am obviously able to successfully log into the forum and also the Wiki using the same credentials. I followed instructions in the KB article "I can't log in to the Forum / Support web site" to no avail.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think that logging out of the Forum (and maybe wiki) may allow you to login to Support.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Also changing passwork in Forum should change password in esupport.
Best regards,
Peke
Codec

Post by Codec »

Thanks for the replies Peke and Lowlander. I ensured that I was logged out of the forum and the wiki before attempting log into the support site (I also tried multiple browsers) but it still gives the error. I also had already performed a password reset before my initial post to see if that corrected the issue. It did not.

Currently my password is extremely long. Could there be a password character limit (or special character limit) that only applies to the support site and not the others?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Password reset from Support often do not work as support and forum share passwords, go to https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/ucp.p ... eg_details and change password to something simpler for test and see if it will allow you to access support site?
Best regards,
Peke
Codec

Post by Codec »

I have determined the issue. With the forum and wiki the username is NOT case sensitive. With the support site the USERNAME IS CASE SENSITIVE. I was using "codec" when I needed to use "Codec".

I have submitted a ticket thru the support site: #WTH-672-42206
I deleted my previous .elf files so I am currently running the database maintenance (complete) now to hopefully generate another crash and subsequent .elf file.
I also have debugview running and logging debug data from MMW as it runs.
I will update the ticket once I have the .elf file and debugview output.

Thanks for the help!