Reading Tags from File

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bowie1304

Reading Tags from File

Post by bowie1304 »

Hello All,
It's a long time I start using Mediamonkey, but I'm now missing one thing.
Perhaps it is available but I don't see it.
I'm using Beatunes to analys all my Songs to find the BPM per song. This software is then changing the BPM of the file, if present, into the correct on or is filling it up.
Normally I should use the menu File>add a file to library or update the entries.

To me update means read all the content of the file and update the files of the database Taglist entry. So I'm expecting to find the most recent BPM in the appropriate Field in MM.
But this doesn't work, I checked also allways replace entries if present, but it didn't work.

Is it neccessary to empty the database and reload all the files?
Or is there another way to update the BPM' exceept the manual one.

Kind regards

PS: I created an empty Database and tried to loaded only a directory where I know that the files where changed. But the could not be read. MM said that he was unable to read the file Properties for this five songs listed in the selected directory.
I checked it from Windows (W10Pro) Explorer and did not find any Problems to read the details of the mentioned songs, but MM did have. All the songs are listed on my SYNOLGY Diskstation having all rights, for the machine and the user. So what is going on there.
Same Test I was doing with the last Beta of MM5 and everything is fine, This verisonis reading the file correct and enters data as exected
Lowlander

Re: Reading Tags from File

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure the BPM values are saved to the files tags themselves?

Are you saying the five files failed to scan in MediaMonkey after you did the BPM analysis? If so open a Support Ticket and provide 1 of the affected files (through a file share, like Dropbox link) for analysis.

Note, that Tools > Options > Library has settings to control what is rescanned.
bowie1304

Post by bowie1304 »

Hi Lowlander,

I checked some of the corresponding files and saw that the entries I'm expecting are available in the files, but MM didn't read them.
This happens not only to a few, no, it happens to all the one's I knew that the Tagfile was updatet and which has been checked by myself.

What is going wrong there.

Kind regards
Willi :-?

PS ticket is opened
Last edited by bowie1304 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This can happen when multiple tags for the same data is used or a different tag then MediaMonkey reads. You'll need to supply a sample file to Support (provide them with a file share like dropbox link) in a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
tags you are refferimng to are completely customized tags and formats delivered by third party application and they are only read in that application and no other apps are capable to read/write them (at least those I have tested with and considered most used apps)

NOTE: MM5 is read/write those custom tags as raw tags, but can't translate them to standard format due the no available documentations on them.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts