MediaMonkey is bringing in imported playlists that are CD listings

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

norabu2

MediaMonkey is bringing in imported playlists that are CD listings

Post by norabu2 »

Hello,
I am getting a bit frustrated. Had a corrupted profile in Dec had to create a new one. I let MediaMonkey rebuild and it didn't read my playlists obviously and I was not in the mood to edit the files.

I figured they could do with an update anyway. I still prefer iTunes Genius to get me started on playlists.
So I spent a long time created a lot of Genius playlist and then changing them to an actual playlist. Then I rescanned MM but every time these long playlists are imported by they aren't even playlists, they are CD listings.
I have uninstalled MM again, removed all the listings in local and roaming data.
Same thing. I exported the iTunes library and it is where MM thinks it should be. I then even tried to export just one playlist but that was not successful either.
So where is MM pulling these imported so-called CD playlist and how can I get my newly created iTunes playlist into my MM.
Please advise. My Galaxy Note 9 thank you very much. I was always successful previously.
I am a Gold member MM version 4.1.23.1881 running Win10 home.
thanks.
Nora
norabu2

Re: MediaMonkey is bringing in imported playlists that are CD listings

Post by norabu2 »

Update, I found the 106 M3U files. They were nested in the individual folder for each CD. That sorts out one mystery.
norabu2

Post by norabu2 »

And it not sure if removing those 106 files solved or why it would but I ran the rescan again and all my newly created iTunes playlists are now in my MM.
Case without resolution. :-)
norabu2

Post by norabu2 »

Spoke too soon. Imported the playlists but they are partial. Weird. This is the first time in all the years I have used MM and in all the upgrades of PC and versions of MM I have had an issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Files on Playlists will only show on import if they actually exist in the Path stored on the Playlist. This may not always be the case, especially when moving/renaming/deleting files.