MM won't recognize CD drive if it's letter is "B"

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Edgar

MM won't recognize CD drive if it's letter is "B"

Post by Edgar »

Given that Windows only allows for 26 drive letters (A-Z, and I'm using them all) and with the understanding that "A" & "B" are traditionally reserved for "floppy drives" and might be ignored by Windows search indexing database (although this does not appear to be the case on Windows 10)…

I have chosen to assign the drive letter "B" to my ASUS 5.25" internal trayed CD/DVD drive; it is the only CD/DVD drive on my computer. I used to have a similar (Sony?) drive which was assigned drive letter "F" and MediaMonkey had no trouble recognizing it (playing & ripping). If I change the ASUS's drive letter to "F" (or "Z") MediaMonkey recognizes it and both plays and rips from.

Shouldn't MediaMonkey accept drive letter "B"?
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
Lowlander

Re: MM won't recognize CD drive if it's letter is "B"

Post by Lowlander »

Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Thanks for the almost immediate reply! That was enough information to resolve my problem. However…
Files are located on drive A or B and MediaMonkey isn't able to access them. To fix this remove the drive letter from IgnoreDriveLetters=AB in MediaMonkey.ini. For the location of MediaMonkey.ini see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... le/View/17 (this only affects those who've installed any version of MediaMonkey prior to MediaMonkey 4.1).
the link pointed to by "For the location of MediaMonkey.ini" seems to refer to a nonexistent location.
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »