M3U Playlists import empty

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

wixy59

M3U Playlists import empty

Post by wixy59 »

I am new to MM. I have a fairly large music collection on my PC (Windows 10) which I back up to OneDrive. I already have most of the tracks on 2 android phones and have for years. I have been copying new music to the phones as I get it.

What I really want the most is to sync my playlists across devices. I can find other ways to sync my music if necessary (OneDrive).

I have installed MM on my PC and 2 android phones. My playlists (which I have in both WPL and M3u formats) came through on my phone as playlists. On my PC they are empty. Not sure what the problem is. Can you give me any clues? Can I sync just my playlists from my phone back to my PC?
Lowlander

Re: M3U Playlists import empty

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists point to files, they'll show empty on import if they point to non-existent files or the incorrect location.
wixy59

Post by wixy59 »

As I said - the playlists imported on my phone so the files exist. They exist on my PC. ALL of my playlists imported as empty.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, but the Path on the Playlist needs to point to where the files actually reside on your PC, otherwise they won't show on import.
Pineapple-Monkey

Post by Pineapple-Monkey »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:30 pm Yes, but the Path on the Playlist needs to point to where the files actually reside on your PC, otherwise they won't show on import.
Great! but HOW do you do that???
Niklas :wink: MediaMonkey Gold user since 2000

I love the product. I tried many other solutions. Nothing beats MediaMonkey.

Check out MM remote: https://mmremote.net/
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can open Playlist files in any text editor (like Notepad) and edit them as needed (Edit > Replace in Notepad can be great). The Paths you see will need to point to where the files are located and available for scanning. The Playlist is merely an instruction of where to find files to scan (play).