local music lookup database?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MarkusMarkusMe

local music lookup database?

Post by MarkusMarkusMe »

I have a collection of custom music CDs that are not commercially available and not listed in any of the online music lookup databases like Amazon, Freedb, or CDDB. I do happen to have a file with all the track data for each song on each CD. I would like to rip all of the CDs in the collection and have MM use a local lookup database to get the song data. The local lookup database would need to be populated with the track data I have.

I am not sure how to do this, perhaps this is a native capability of MM or there is an addon software that might do this. I have read some very dated posts online that suggest building a custom server for the music lookup, but they seem to be over a decade old, have broken links, and/or require the use of Linux. I hope to find a solution that can work on a current Microsoft OS.

Appreciate any help and recommendations you all may provide. -Mark
Lowlander

Re: local music lookup database?

Post by Lowlander »

It will need to be coded as an Addon to work with the data you already have. An example of what is involved with this can be found here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... txt+import