Net Radio

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

RaveWolf

Net Radio

Post by RaveWolf »

Hi,

How do I add a Radio Station to MMW4?

I have searched and found multiple theories, but none of them work.
I can't even use the "built-in" "Internet Radio" or "Icecast Directory"

When I click on the .PLS. or .M3U link, nothing happens, it just sits there loading until I force it to close.
RaveWolf

Re: Net Radio

Post by RaveWolf »

Due to the lack of response, I can only assume that no-one uses this feature?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just retested it again and I use AAC, AAC+ or MP3 Radios streams.

1. I created Playlist Named !!!Radio Stations
2. Used Online radio either Internet radio or icecast radio
3. Select AAC, AAC+ or MP3 Radios streams from left
4. Click on M3U -> Set Open with MediaMonkey
5. Wait till MMW buffer Station (It depends, but sometimes it takes 10-20 Seconds)
6. Verify that it play
7. Drag and Drop file to Playlist !!!Radio Stations
8. Repeat same for all stations I listen

When I want to listen them I go to !!!Radio Stations Playlist and play one I want.

This worked for me now.

Also if I find Radio Stream Online in Browser I select M3U and either save to HDD under Radio Station name or Open n MMW and then use Steps 5-7 to save link for future use.

If Radio stations use Online Player I try to get Direct Link to Stream and then Use MMW -> File -> Open URL or File to paste link to Radio Station and again Repeat Steps 5-7.

Please note that upgrade to radio streaming feature is scheduled for future MM versions, but with no date of implementation.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
RaveWolf

Post by RaveWolf »

Hi, Thank you very much for your response... I tried what you suggested, which I have done before... I found that if I dragged the .m3u to my now playing list, it worked... The connection for some reason is not great (although no issues with other apps) but I think I'll manage.

It would be great if MM could collaborate with other Radio services too.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
ixoye71

Post by ixoye71 »

I want to listen to some high-bitrate (320K JazzRadio-dot-com, Mother Earth, etc.) stations and have them as part of my music collection but it seems that MM can't do that. I can't get any radio stations to play in MMW4 - no matter what I do. I try all the variations of .aac or .mp3 or whatever and all I get is silence. I can go over to Windows Media Player and then go through the Media Monkey server and they play fine on WMP. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is there a plugin I need? Is there a setting I'm missing? Any help?